PDA

View Full Version : CC 2015.....Wacom Woes!

Gazza
29-12-2015, 4:22pm
I'm approximately 6 days into free trialing CC 2015, (thinking of upgrading from CS6) but I'm having
problems with my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet lagging :(

I'm also getting an annoying HUD everytime I press Ctrl, Alt, Shift etc...

I'm assuming it's a CC problem/setting? I jumped back into CS6 while it was still installed and everything was fine again...

Actions taken so far;

- Tried various preferences in CC...I'm sure I could be missing something simple here :o
- Completely uninstall Wacom drivers and preferences then started fresh (That did make a slight improvement with lag)
- Performed a Disk Clean-up. CC 2015 is installed on a small 120 GB SSD, now have 16GB free
- Uninstalled CS6, just in case :D
- The odd restart or two...photoshop and computer
- Pulled out remaining hair & yelled at the dog (in a polite way) :D

Basic System info if this assists?

I'm almost convinced that I'm overlooking something basic, any suggestions would be much appreciated

Cheers ... :beer_mug:

Gazza
29-12-2015, 7:42pm
I should also add, I've tried the suggestions on Google as well with no success....

ameerat42
29-12-2015, 7:59pm
1st I would have thought "keyboard driver/s", but you say that you have replaced them.
That concludes my response, as there is no 2nd point:(

But, in lieu of an answer, what is HUD?

Gazza
29-12-2015, 8:09pm
But, in lieu of an answer, what is HUD?
Sorry, HUD = Heads Up Display...The word Alt or Ctrl or whatever key is pressed follows the mouse pointer

ameerat42
29-12-2015, 8:16pm
OK, and from what I've just read about these tablets, I agree with your analysis that it is (most probably) a
CC problem. Apart from that, 0-thing.

Cage
29-12-2015, 8:20pm
Looking at your specs there shouldn't be a problem there.

Try this link to check your hardware performance, courtesy of Am. http://win-experience-index.chris-pc.com/how-to-check-windows-experience-index-in-windows-10.html

It should let you know if some part of your set-up is lagging.

Brian500au
29-12-2015, 9:36pm
I was running my wacom tablet on Windows 7 and 8 without problems but when I upgraded to windows 8.1 it all started acting funny. I stopped using it for a while and then upgraded to windows 10 and decided I needed it again. I am using PS cc and LR cc. Apparently you need to fine tune windows first since 8.1 as the pen is more aligned to a touch screen. Anyway once I fine tuned my pen by researching on the web, I have had not problems using it in PS. LR though is a different kettle of fish - lagging something terrible. Reading up once again via the web it would seem this is a problem with LR and not wacom (well maybe wacom drivers).

In summary no problems with PS cc but only using mouse with LR due to lag.

farmmax
29-12-2015, 11:53pm
Is the HUD display only happening in Photoshop CC? I assume you have it disabled in the tablet's Function menu's?

There seem to have been problems with the wacoms and Photoshop CC, but I thought an update had taken care of that. I'm happy to stick with Photoshop 5.5, because everything works fine and I prefer a hassle free life :D

Gazza
05-01-2016, 12:37pm
Thanks every one - :th3:
Would you believe a simple 'Windows Setting' under 'Pen and Touch' sorted the majority of my problems :o ...Phew....:D

Is the HUD display only happening in Photoshop CC? I assume you have it disabled in the tablet's Function menu's?

There seem to have been problems with the wacoms and Photoshop CC, but I thought an update had taken care of that. I'm happy to stick with Photoshop 5.5, because everything works fine and I prefer a hassle free life :D
I went through every settings again and again, then finally found the problem, ME!! :o (I missed the same thing time and time again!!!)
After altering Windows Settings, I checked/ticked the 'Use Windows Ink' box under 'Mapping' in the tablet properties (why hide it there? :confused013) and alls good now - :th3:

Again, thanks all ... Cheers ... :beer_mug: