PDA

View Full Version : G'day from SA

Shav Bird Photography
17-12-2015, 11:38am
Hi All,

My name is Shav and I am fairly new to the photography world. I have only been doing it for about 18months or so semi seriously. I live in the southern suburbs of SA so most of my work is frequented around that area. But anytime I travel I am always one to take the camera gear for that top shot.

I am self taught, no lessons and pretty much a lot of trial and error. I do edit my pics via LR5 which I just learned again by trial and error. I get a lot of my inspiration from other photography based accounts on Instagram as well as 500px, Flickr etc.

I am a Building Designer who has his own business in my day to day life. Which helps subsidize my passion for photography. I am also into cycling, fitness, cars, and travel.

Anyway, I am hoping to learn some tips and tricks from you pro's. Happy to receive some CC if it helps improve my skills as I just want to master what I have learned.

My Camera gear consists of the following and probably wanes in comparison some of the gear you guys have:
Activezone Protactic 350 AW camera backpack
Nikon D5300 DSLR APS-C (waiting till I master this before going full frame)
Sigma ART 18-35mm F1.8
Sigma DG HSM 50mm prime F1.4
Tamron VC USD 70-200mm F2.8 constant
Nikon 35mm prime F1.8
Manfrotto tripod
Generic monopod with Optex adjustable head (mainly for the Tamron lens)
Lots of accessories

I will upload some of my shots in the gallery. :D

ricktas
17-12-2015, 12:37pm
Welcome. We have reviewed your recent photo thread and deemed that you are way beyond beginner level. In fact we have upgraded you to advanced. Congrats

Shav Bird Photography
17-12-2015, 12:39pm
Oh really? Wow, I wouldn't have thought so Rick, but thanks and I am honored. :cool:

Mary Anne
17-12-2015, 12:44pm
Hello and Welcome to AP. I like Bird Photography also so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums for cc
Members with Under 30 day’s membership and/or 50 posts cannot post in the Gallery Rule 7 http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/misc.php?do=vsarules

Shav Bird Photography
17-12-2015, 12:45pm
Thanks Mary Anne. Looking forward to gaining a lot of knowledge from this site. :nod:

bitsnpieces
17-12-2015, 1:00pm
Welcome Shav and whether you're beginner or advanced, there's always much to learn, so hopefully we'll continue seeing you more on the boards :)

Shav Bird Photography
17-12-2015, 1:16pm
Thanks David, don't worry, I'll be pretty regular here. ;)

Mary Anne
17-12-2015, 1:24pm
Shav I guess you Surname name or user name is Bird so sorry about, here was me thinking that you were into Bird Photography, anyway its human to err :D
After looking at what great images you have already posted on the Forum I can see why you have been upgrade to Advanced Well Done !!

Shav Bird Photography
17-12-2015, 1:27pm
haha, its easy to get my name confused Mary Anne. I've been called all sorts growing up so it's no issue. :p

Thanks, I was not expecting to be bumped up to Advanced. I kid you not, this is a surprise to me. So I am flattered and humbled that the mods think I am worthy. :sport18:

ameerat42
17-12-2015, 1:46pm
Hi Shav, and welcome to AP.

Well, be a bird of paradise and forgive M A (and me, as I thought the same:o), as to forgive is - they say - divine:p

Shav Bird Photography
17-12-2015, 1:49pm
Haha. Thanks ameerat42. No offense taken ;)

sanger
17-12-2015, 3:43pm
Guilty as well and welcome

Shav Bird Photography
18-12-2015, 10:11am
Thanks sanger. All good. haha.