PDA

View Full Version : Expensive photographs

bobt
06-11-2015, 11:00am
Yesterday I paid $500 for a series of close-up photographs. The photographer, a much more skilled individual than I am, was using equipment that few of us could afford.

He photographed me from an unusual angle and proved to be an expert in low light photography. The lens produced very clear images despite the poor natural light. He did, however, compensate for the lack of natural light by employing a small supplementary artificial light close to the lens. Despite the short focal length and the somewhat cramped circumstances, he managed to produce several quite detailed images although quite expensive on a “per image” basis. Colonoscopies tend to be like that.

:lol::lol:

Gazza
06-11-2015, 11:06am
:lol:

ameerat42
06-11-2015, 11:33am
Hmm!:cool:

Cricket
06-11-2015, 12:16pm

My son has one of those sittings every year and then we have home movie night.

enseth
06-11-2015, 12:39pm
Bobt it is customary on this forum to share your photos. I appreciate the fact that you didn't actually take them however I'm sure we are all eager to see you very intimate portraits. Unless of course you think they are crappy.

bobt
06-11-2015, 12:44pm
Bobt it is customary on this forum to share your photos. I appreciate the fact that you didn't actually take them however I'm sure we are all eager to see you very intimate portraits. Unless of course you think they are crappy.

Maybe it would be better if I posted them on You Tube ...... or should that be Me Tube ??

jim
06-11-2015, 1:59pm

More seriously I hope the results are ok.

bobt
06-11-2015, 2:04pm

More seriously I hope the results are ok.

Thanks! Yup ... all is well, except for those who were present and observing proceedings. I understand their therapy is proceeding nicely. Myself, I just enjoyed the nap!

I @ M
06-11-2015, 2:53pm
Thanks Bob for starting the thread and then the respondents, it gave me a good chuckle. :th3:

Mark L
06-11-2015, 7:31pm
Bobt it is customary on this forum to share your photos.

And if Bob was worried about giving away his identity he could post half of each photo and call them a semicolon.:(

bricat
06-11-2015, 8:04pm
Did you have a "top and tail" One down the throat and the other um um you know..... And if so which one did they do first???????:lol2:
Had it done a couple of months ago. Never again am I going to drink that vile mixture and the resultant sleeping in the bathroom just in case......cheers Brian

bobt
06-11-2015, 8:16pm
And if Bob was worried about giving away his identity he could post half of each photo and call them a semicolon.:(

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have a "top and tail" One down the throat and the other um um you know..... And if so which one did they do first???????:lol2:
Had it done a couple of months ago. Never again am I going to drink that vile mixture and the resultant sleeping in the bathroom just in case......cheers Brian

At $500 a pop I settled for the tail option! For top and tail they might just use a pull through (for those who are familiar with cleaning rifles). The mixture isn't all that bad now ... sort of fizzy drink stuff. Good for people on the go (once you've drunk it).

Allie
06-11-2015, 9:00pm
Glad you had a good "result" and thanks for the laugh! ;)

Greg Johnston
07-11-2015, 1:44am
Been there, done that. Both ends. (But not at the same time.) As far as photography is concerned I think I will stick to landscapes and let someone else do the low light interior shots.

Hawthy
07-11-2015, 5:42pm
You can get a DVD of the procedure. My brother's mother-in-law got her DVD and made them all watch it. Erk!

Glenda
08-11-2015, 6:19am
:lol: - thanks for the laugh. Unfortunately a necessary evil most will have to experience at one time or another.