PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Leaping Lupo

Leaping Lupo
05-10-2015, 9:40pm
I not sure what happened to the intro thread I posted this morning but I will repeat it again ...

I used to do a bit of casual wedding photography as well adventure photography with a Canon EOS 650 film camera. After a good run of 12 years the camera died on me round about Y2K. I never got back into photography seriously until beginning of last year when I started rebuilding my kit.

My work photo documenting property for insurance claims in the last 4 years has really wet my appetite to gain some real skills and knowledge about photography, and enjoy myself doing it.

Beginning of last year I picked up a Nikon D610 and have since been accumulating some lenses and accessories.

I am looking forward to getting some quality feed back/tips from an Aussie site.

ricktas
05-10-2015, 9:55pm
Welcome. But based on your experience, you have chosen beginner? as your photographic experience level? We have upgraded you to advanced.

Leaping Lupo
05-10-2015, 10:15pm
Thanks for the upgrade, flattering. I can usually make a picture tell it's story, or least what it is about, but my techical knowledge of light levels and histograms and the best aperture for a situation etc are next to negligable. My new Sigma 150-600|S is really showing this up as it is a lot less forgiving than the three f2.8 lenses I have.

Mary Anne
06-10-2015, 7:09am
Hello LL and Welcome to AP. Sounds like an interesting journey with Photography through the years, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

ameerat42
06-10-2015, 9:10am
Welcome to AP, Lupo.
Am.

Cage
06-10-2015, 12:20pm
Welcome aboard.

You already know more than you think you do. Your D610 works exactly the same way as your old film camera except that when the light lessens you can adjust the ISO in-camera instead of changing to a higher ISO film.

The 'Sunny 16' rule still applies.

bitsnpieces
07-10-2015, 5:43pm
Welcome to AP :)