PDA

View Full Version : G'day

SydneySider
24-09-2015, 12:35pm
G'day, I am Michael. So pleased to find this forum as it looks like a great place to learn, interact with other photographers, and improve my fledgling photographic skills to the point that I can become a valued and contributing member in helping and assisting others :)

I @ M
24-09-2015, 12:43pm
Welcome to AP Michael, pull up a chair and join in.

JDuding
24-09-2015, 4:55pm
Hey dude.

As someone who is somewhat new here themselves... I can say that there are opportunities here to learn and improve your skills and to benefit from the accumulated knowledge of the many experienced members here.

Welcome.

But as I have pointed out to a few new starters here... a lot can be gained by jumping in and not just contributing some of your own photos for critique, but to offer your critique to others posted pics. I've learnt a lot by just forcing myself to study why and what I do and don't like about pics... and have picked up a lot from the advice offered by others.

In short... don't be shy and join in for yours and all our benefit.:D

thegrump
24-09-2015, 5:05pm
After a great deal of confusion, it will all sink in, and you will learn heaps. As I have over a short period.

Mary Anne
24-09-2015, 5:18pm
Hello Michael and Welcome to AP..

ricktas
24-09-2015, 7:24pm
At this point in time, we have banned this person. When they joined today in the middle of the day, we sent them a message asking why their location was provided as Sydney, but their IP address resolves to elsewhere in the world. They stayed online for several hours but did not reply to clarify why there is a discrepancy on IP vs Location.

So at this time, I have closed their account, and they are free to email me to discuss this further.

bitsnpieces
01-10-2015, 11:20am
Welcome to AP :)