PDA

View Full Version : Back

owl7
18-09-2015, 9:03am
Hello, probably don't remember me ( i posted a little but mainly read things) but i'm back. I'll re introduce myself: My name is Casey and i like to photograph a variety of things though both birds or macro have been a favourite. I have been taking photos for a while now but am forever learning (I hope i can learn here). I have many questions so i hope thats ok...well thanks for reading.

ameerat42
18-09-2015, 9:14am
...I have been taking photos for a while now but am forever learning (I hope i can learn here). I have many questions so i hope thats ok...well thanks for reading...

Hi owl7. Welcome back. You said it above. The key to realising this aim - learning - is to interact a lot on here. Sitting back and reading is of limited use.
So post, get feedback, give constructive feedback (not just "nice pic", etc).

Cheers and see you round.
Am.

Mary Anne
18-09-2015, 1:03pm
Hello Casey and Welcome back. Reading is good though posting your images on the Forums is even better as getting cc will help you will improve.
Birds and Macro are my two favourite Genres also so I will look forward to seeing what you post on those two Forums :2smile:

owl7
18-09-2015, 6:15pm
Thanks both of you. Yeah i look forward to posting my photos. I go to the tulip festival here in the Dandenongs tomorrow so i hope to get some good photos (or at least ones to learn from). I'm taking three lenses because there will be more than just flowers to photograph..i'm not really sure what to expect but i'm looking forward to it.

Mark L
18-09-2015, 9:48pm
Welcome back Casey.
I'm interested in your interest in birds.:)
As has been said, post some photos to get CC to learn and get better.
Post some bird photos but specifically ask for help to do it better if that's what you want. Post the birds for my enjoyment regardless.:)
Also take a little time to comment on others photos. "I like that because the bird ......". "I'm not sure about ..... . Why did you do that." Whatever. It actually helps you think about your own photos (true story).:th3:

owl7
19-09-2015, 4:04pm
Welcome back Casey.
I'm interested in your interest in birds.:)
As has been said, post some photos to get CC to learn and get better.
Post some bird photos but specifically ask for help to do it better if that's what you want. Post the birds for my enjoyment regardless.:)
Also take a little time to comment on others photos. "I like that because the bird ......". "I'm not sure about ..... . Why did you do that." Whatever. It actually helps you think about your own photos (true story).:th3:
Hi, thanks, I will post photos soon, was meant to go to a thing today but couldn't. We get several birds where i live (by where i live i mean by standing on the verandah and waiting), my favourite is the red wattlebird but it is difficult because it won't stay still...I don't think asking it will help hehe :) Have been wanting to get a good photo of it.

ameerat42
19-09-2015, 4:08pm
If you've got a pretty clear shot, put your camera on shutter priority and auto focus and wait. Say minimum 1/1000sec.
Then continue this saga in the Birds forum.

owl7
20-09-2015, 1:51pm
If you've got a pretty clear shot, put your camera on shutter priority and auto focus and wait. Say minimum 1/1000sec.
Then continue this saga in the Birds forum.
Thanks, will do.