PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!!

Kirky89
29-08-2015, 6:11pm
Hello people,

I just signed up to the forum and it seems pretty good from the small amount of looking around I have done.

In terms of cameras, I used to have a Canon 550d with a 18-55mm kit lens. It was a trusty, reliable camera that was my offsider during my travels in Aust and overseas. However in a recent trip to Brazil, my backpack containing it was stolen out of our car during a lunch stop. So trying to make the best of a bad situation, I decided to upgrade. I was tossing up a Canon 70d or the Nikon D7200, with the Nikon eventually winning after a lot of research (hence finding this place). I actually just purchased the D7200 today with a Tamron 18-270mm len. I thought this lens was a decent one for now especially for travelling. I'll look at upgrading in the future.

As for the types of photos I enjoy taking, I love landscapes and nature as well as buildings. So I guess anything outside is right up my alley. I have mainly been shooting in auto with occasionally playing around with shutter speeds etc.

I look forward to learning a lot more about photography from this place.

Cheers!

ricktas
29-08-2015, 6:18pm
Welcome to AP. Always a bad day when camera gear is knicked. Hope you get to use your new gear soon. See you and your photos on the forums soon

thegrump
29-08-2015, 6:26pm
Hi...I have not been here that long.....I have learnt heaps. Unfortunately most of it is not sinking into this old brain. But a lot is. So good luck

bitsnpieces
29-08-2015, 6:41pm
Welcome Kirky89 and join in, lots to learn here, and sorry to hear about the stolen camera, but hey... worked out as a good excuse to upgrade. ;)

ameerat42
29-08-2015, 6:54pm
Hi Kirky.
Welcome to AP. A real BUMper about that stolen gear. It happened to me twice over the decades. HOWEVER...
Have a look in the Library in the meantime (and any other time you like). There's a lot of useful stuff there.
Am.

Mary Anne
30-08-2015, 7:51am
Hello Kirky89 and Welcome to AP..Thats bad about your camera though as mentioned above a good excuse to upgrade.
Have you tried putting the camera on Av and giving it a go, if not there is plenty to learn here, do have a read of the New to Photography Book (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book)
Join right in and post some images on the Forums for cc, that's another great way to learn. and have a go at commenting at other Members posts also.

Kirky89
30-08-2015, 6:28pm
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :)

Tikira
02-09-2015, 3:02pm
Welcome Kirky
We look forward to seeing some pics, and your thoughts about others photos
Cheers Di and Wayne

rwg717
03-09-2015, 8:38pm
Hi and welcome to AP:tog:
Richard.