PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Vanilla
12-08-2015, 9:09pm
I swear I had an account on here ages ago (sabin) but I couldn't log in and when I tested out the username in "Register," it said it was valid. I must have been mistaken or it must have been another site. So I chose a better, less bad username. I think this username is prettier. That is the story of how I made an account.

I mainly take photos of dolls. Hopefully you guys help me branch out and be a little less of a one trick pony...

Anyway nice to meat you.

fyi listening to daft punk right now.
Feeling optimistic about this place. I need a new forum home.

max2027
12-08-2015, 9:24pm
hello and welcome back :)

Mark L
12-08-2015, 11:19pm
G'day (and welcome again maybe).
I remember someone that used to post photos of dolls. They where pretty good.
Not sure if it was you in a past forum life and if it was welcome to being reborn.:)
Anyway, you've found a good place to play. See you around AP hopefully.

ricktas
13-08-2015, 6:29am
Welcome to AP. I did some checking, cause if you had an old account, creating a second one breaches our rules, and I could not find another account, so I think perhaps you were on another site.

Mary Anne
13-08-2015, 7:53am
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP . Dolls are interesting subjects I guess, though there are plenty more Genres around that are much more interesting.
It wont take you long to work out what you like, and there will be plenty of Members here to help you when the time comes :2smile:

Vanilla
13-08-2015, 11:49pm
G'day (and welcome again maybe).
I remember someone that used to post photos of dolls. They where pretty good.
Not sure if it was you in a past forum life and if it was welcome to being reborn.:)
Anyway, you've found a good place to play. See you around AP hopefully.
Was this one of them? If so it was me :D http://i.imgur.com/35mW1Wu.jpg

hello and welcome back :)
If I was here XD

Welcome to AP. I did some checking, cause if you had an old account, creating a second one breaches our rules, and I could not find another account, so I think perhaps you were on another site.
I can't seem to find the site I was using. I know the account name. It was a good site. Maybe it ended up dying out or something.

Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP . Dolls are interesting subjects I guess, though there are plenty more Genres around that are much more interesting.
It wont take you long to work out what you like, and there will be plenty of Members here to help you when the time comes :2smile:
I stared from hello kitty lego believe it or not. One day I will finally capture people. And maybe even trees.

JDuding
14-08-2015, 5:48am
...One day I will finally capture people. And maybe even trees.

Hi there.

I haven't been here long but thought I'd say hi anyway.

In regards to branching out... I've found that the member challenges and the sites competitions are a great incentive to step outside of ones comfort zone.

But the thought that came to my head, that prompted me to reply to your introduction...
Have you considered posing your dolls against a tree or on a branch or in a tree stump?
I haven't seen any of your work except for the nice pic link in this thread... but thought by using a tree as a backdrop or as part of the focus... might be the start of a broadened horizon?

Vanilla
14-08-2015, 7:04am
Hi there.

I haven't been here long but thought I'd say hi anyway.

In regards to branching out... I've found that the member challenges and the sites competitions are a great incentive to step outside of ones comfort zone.

But the thought that came to my head, that prompted me to reply to your introduction...
Have you considered posing your dolls against a tree or on a branch or in a tree stump?
I haven't seen any of your work except for the nice pic link in this thread... but thought by using a tree as a backdrop or as part of the focus... might be the start of a broadened horizon?
I have actually. Some of my dolls are s tiny that I've had them sit on leaves and windows. I'm just waiting for the weather to get a little nicer. My day off from work seems to always rain. I've also started to repaint dolls too so I may be able to design some for certain scenes.

JDuding
14-08-2015, 7:16am
...I've also started to repaint dolls too so I may be able to design some for certain scenes.

That sounds interesting and can't wait to see the results of that level of planning for a scene.

I recently took a few pics of a cave and some of the shots had me thinking that the small ledges could be made to look out of scale if I had placed a few model cavemen and a small campfire on the ledge.

I look forward to seeing some of your location/doll pics.