PDA

View Full Version : New member - Hunter50

Hunter50
12-07-2015, 3:14pm
Hi there everyone

My name is Hunter and I am a new member of Ausphotography, from Samsonvale, near Brisbane. I came across Ausphotography after reading about the site in Australian Photography earlier this year (2015).

I have recently taken up digital photography, after I bought an Olympus OMD-EM10, with a 14-42mm 1: 3.5-5.6 EZ lens and a 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R lens, in April 2014. I have quite a bit of experience with photography, from using my Pentax K1000. Over a 15 year period I have photographed landscapes, scenery and flowers when bushwalking in the Budawang Mountains in NSW and travelling through Europe. As the K1000 is a manual camera, I am very experienced with the manual mode and understand exposure, ISO and shutter speed.

My photographic interests are still landscape and scenery, along with gardens, family and recording my local area. I volunteer with a local organic farming group and take photos of workshops and events. I gain a great deal of satisfaction in seeing my photos used on the website and in the group’s newsletters. Photography is a key way for the group to tell their stories, and I like being to help them do this.

I am particularly interested in improving my skills in processing my photos, improving the composition and sharpness of my photos.
Since rekindling my photographic interests, I have spent a lot of time reading many websites, forums and magazines. I have learnt about digital photography and the options available to a photographer using a digital equipment. The opportunities presented by digital photography are truly incredible and powerful. My learning is still a work in progress, but I enjoy learning and most of all, taking photos.

All the best

Hunter

ameerat42
12-07-2015, 3:16pm
Welcome to AP, Hunter. You will find a lot of helpful advice here.
The key is to join in. Based on your photographic history, I would not
consider you to be a Beginner, even though you - like all of us - are seeking
to improve.
Am.

ricktas
12-07-2015, 3:36pm
Welcome Hunter. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

Mary Anne
12-07-2015, 3:41pm
Hello Hunter :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Looks like a lovely area where you live, you certainly have a History of Photography so join right in.
I have the E-M1 and a couple of lenses will look forward to seeing what images you post from that 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R lens.
I ordered one last week from the USA its on a plane somewhere :D Going to use that on my backyard Birds till the 300mm f/4 comes out later this year.

Hunter50
12-07-2015, 3:53pm
Mary Anne

I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the sharpness of your photos. I have found when used at 150mm, the detail can be a bit soft. I think at f8.0 and around 100mm might be the best for this lens. Good luck with your new toy when it arrives.

Hunter

Mary Anne
12-07-2015, 4:36pm
Thank You Hunter will do, and will watch that and I understand some zoom lenses being soft at the long end, that's why I prefer Prime lenses..
As its Birds I will be shooting and feel the 100mm wont be close enough for me, anyway I will see how I go.

bitsnpieces
13-07-2015, 2:34am
Welcome Hunter and glad to have you on board

Hunter50
14-07-2015, 7:36pm
Bitsnpieces, thank you for your welcome. I have been looking around Ausphotography, posting a few comments and critiquing some photos. I think Ausphotography is a great site. I just need to post some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark L
15-07-2015, 10:05pm
G'day and welcome aboard Hunter.
Reckon it's never to late to join in the weekly members challenge. Gives me a reason to try something different and take a couple of photos each week ....... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-Member-Challenges-52-2015 :th3: