PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Coast Newbie

andyflit
07-07-2015, 12:38pm
Hi all
My name is Andy from the Sunny Coast
I am a complete novice but want to start getting into wildlife photography, particularly birds so any advice on what gear to look out for would be much appreciated
Cheers
Andy

ameerat42
07-07-2015, 12:55pm
Hi Andy. Welcome to AP. There are a flock of birders here on AP, and they'll soon help you along.
Meantime, have a look at the New to Photography and other sections in the Library. Tab at top of pages.
Am.

bitsnpieces
07-07-2015, 1:15pm
Welcome Andy and glad you could make it to AP

Mark L
07-07-2015, 9:01pm
G'day Andy.
Not a lot of people look at these intro treads so don't be afraid to ask some questions in other places here on AP.
Don't be afraid to also offer comments in the bird and wildlife part of AP. "Really like ........ . Wonder how you decided to do ........" You will generally get a useful reply.
In the mean time have a look at this sticky from the bird place here on AP ....... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?16408-Birds-Photography-Hints-and-Tips
Much the same goes for wildlife.
And check the quote I made up in my signature. It's true if you're starting from scratch.
Enjoy your photographic journey.:th3:

Mary Anne
07-07-2015, 9:38pm
Hello Andy and Welcome to AP. Yes plenty of Birders on here to help you on your way..
Good advice from Mark above, about getting on to the Birding Forum and commenting on Members images and asking them what they use.
See you there soon :2smile:

rwg717
09-07-2015, 10:19pm
Hi Andy and welcome to AP:)
Richard

ajc
10-07-2015, 12:12pm
Welcome aboard Andy. Lots of good information here. Enjoy