PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

garypore
12-06-2015, 2:47pm
Howdy from Adelaide.

My name is Gary and I'm a photography hobbyist at heart but do the occasional wedding and family portraiture.

I started photography in high school as a subject but got hooked. Loved it for a while but found it quite expensive and could not afford my own development lab...film days were expensive. I had an Olympus OM10...awesome little camera.

Then I bought my first DSLR, a Pentax K10D, had that for few years then got the Canon 5D MKII...love...love...love that body but had to sell...to fund a holiday...then lasted 3 weeks without a camera...bought a Canon 7D for the holiday...lolz...missed full-frame and bought my Canon 6D coupled with 17-40mm F4 and 70-270mm F2.8 II IS.

My wife says I'm only allowed one wife...but...clearly I have a 2 wives and 3 kids already...lolz.

Cheers

Gary

Mary Anne
12-06-2015, 2:59pm
Hello Gary and Welcome Back . With all that gear over the years you would have plenty of experience so join right in and start posting on the Forums.
And have a go at commenting on other Members Posts also..

Kym
12-06-2015, 4:30pm
:gday: & Welcome back to AP!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

ricktas
12-06-2015, 5:01pm
Welcome back

bitsnpieces
13-06-2015, 5:39pm
Welcome to AP Gary

Sometimes, if the first wife doesn't agree about the second wife, sacrifices need to be made ;)

I @ M
13-06-2015, 6:52pm
My wife says I'm only allowed one wife...but...clearly I have a 2 wives and 3 kids already...lolz.

Welcome back and as an old adage says, a happy wife is a happy ( photographic ) life. :)

Sometimes, if the first wife doesn't agree about the second wife, sacrifices need to be made ;)

Reminds me of a party invite from years ago it went something like this ----- Hi Andrew, we are having a party and we would like you to attend, bring your wife or your girlfriend. Ah what the hell. if your wife likes your girlfriend, bring both of them. :rolleyes:

Mark L
13-06-2015, 9:53pm
Time to get involve here a bit more Gary. Three wife’s is better.:D