PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long time away

Saffiter
09-06-2015, 11:55pm
So,

Wow, it's been a while. Something like 5 years since I really picked up a camera and had a serious go with it. Well, I've been taking photographs, but I haven't really been posting them anywhere (unless you count using them as wall papers on my laptop? :) )

About me:

I'm Sheena, and I'm not really sure what I'm interested in, photography wise. I like taking shots of scenery, I noticed a copious amount of birds in my most recent shots (seriously, it's scary. Why I have that many bird photos, I really don't know). I do lots of wildlife/animal stuff... people, not so much. I do the occasional person shot, but it's not really something I'm comfortable with, something to work on maybe? Most of the time I go "Oooooooh, pretty/interesting!!" and take a picture or several of it.

When I started on here, way back when, I was using a little Lumix happy-snappy thing. I've moved on to a Canon PowerShot SX500 IS, which is still pretty automatic, but lets me play around with a few more settings. I don't think I'm quite ready for the SLR just yet, but I'm eyeing them off with a "one day...soonish, maybe" kind of feeling.

I'm in Brisbane, Queensland, but I've got photos from all over the world and Australia sitting around on various hard drives (I really need to organise all of them onto one drive. Something to do this weekend).

I do my photo editing on a Mac, so any recommendations for photo editing software would be greatly appreciated. I used to use GIMP, but got a free trial of Adobe Lightroom that I'm absolutely loving (and debating the merits of getting a subscription to). I've also been looking at maybe trying Pixelmator, if anyone has ever heard of it?

Sheena

pacogun
10-06-2015, 6:06am
Welcome to AP, Sheena.
Canon SX500 is good camera to start with. With your creativity, i believe you can get good pics with it.

ricktas
10-06-2015, 7:00am
Welcome back. Hope we get to see you joining in on the forums, regularly, cause our competitions are linked to being active on the forums.

Mary Anne
10-06-2015, 9:27pm
Hello Sheena and Welcome back, it does not matter what camera you shoot with as long as you get out there and use it.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.. Not much help though I do my editing on a Desktop using LR and CS6.

Kym
11-06-2015, 9:43am
:gday: & Welcome back to AP!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.