PDA

View Full Version : Hi,

Kurrajong
31-05-2015, 3:34pm
Hi All,

Old to taking pictures; new to Photography. I really need to learn about how to use the technology that is photography these days. A bit of a strain on the brain but with the Lumix DMC-TZ40 that I've recently purchased (I know that the purists will frown at a camera with a lot of auto settings but even this one is WAY beyond my current abilities!)I have made a start.

Work, my sport (participating, not just watching), garden and family take up more time than I have already but you know how it is with busy people, they just keep finding more to do.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot (even if I have to cart about my "notes to self" to try to remember how to operate the camera I have) and making my images "come alive".

Jan

P.S. Still haven't figured out how to upload images to this site, I'll have to look for instructions when I have more time.

Mary Anne
31-05-2015, 4:17pm
Hello Jan and Welcome back .. Click on the Library Button up the top of the page then *How Do I* that will get you on your way..

Carlgroover
31-05-2015, 4:57pm
I know how it is getting back into photography after a long spell, I'm still playing catch up after 20 years off but loving the advances.

Cheers john

ricktas
31-05-2015, 7:20pm
Welcome back Jan. Mary Anne has pointed you in the right direction re uploading photos, and tutorials on how to. You can use the test zone forum (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?114-The-Test-Zone) to practice, and get help if you try to upload and it doesnt work.

bitsnpieces
01-06-2015, 10:14am
Hi Jan, the Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ40 is perfectly fine if you're here to learn photography.

Besides, even DSLR has auto modes, and these modes are a great way to slowly take in the effects of changing shutter, aperture, and ISO, one step at a time, rather than manual which points you on the frontline (which is also a very good way to learn also, if you can handle it all in one go)

Also, the TZ40 has a manual mode, so don't be afraid to try it when you feel confident.

Though I haven't had the chance to work on my website for a long time now, there's a couple of articles which hopefully will clearly explain the use of shutter, aperture, and ISO.

Regardless, just have fun shooting. :)

rwg717
03-06-2015, 7:58pm
Cheers Jan, nice to have you along:)
Richard