PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't 70 Days fly quickly

maishy
26-04-2015, 8:14pm
I alweays thought is was 90 days before yopu got deactivated but hey I suppose there is a reason for making it 70. :lol:

In two minds about reactivating though as I am sick of reducing image sizes to post. Given that most modern cameras now have high resolutions the size restrictions for this sight perhaps need reviewing

graemelee
26-04-2015, 9:32pm
Yes it flies.Will need to get on more often

Kym
27-04-2015, 3:41pm
:gday: & Welcome back to AP!

ricktas
27-04-2015, 3:45pm
You don't have to reduce your files if you link them in from flickr/photobucket etc, you can post whatever size you like : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:How_Do_I

The size restrictions for uploading directly to AP take into account storage on the site, pixel sizes of most common devices used to access the site, and speed of loading over the net / peoples monthly bandwidth, etc. No use offering up images that can be 4000 pixels wide, when most people access the site on a device that has under 2000 pixels of viewing width. Or letting people upload 10MB image files when members have 10GB data plans. The 250kb, 1024 pixels on the longest side is a balance of good quality, reasonable file size, that download to users computers fast when browsing the site etc.

But if the linking option (you can directly link from your flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidmaish/) which lets you link in whatever size file you wish from the Flickr menu, with no restrictions on size, or the current direct upload file sizes do not suit you, let me know and I can close your account.

ameerat42
27-04-2015, 4:01pm
...the size restrictions for this sight perhaps need reviewing...

The file restrictions for this site - as in many other forum sites - are there for a reason. Perhaps you might care to consider why they are there,
instead of asking AP to accommodate your inclinations.

If, however, you really want to contribute, then welcome back.

Am.