PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, new member from Perth :)

Bonsai Jason
24-02-2015, 3:43pm
Hey guys,

Just thought i'd drop in and say gday.

New member from Perth, have been into photography for about 6 months 'properly', but have enjoyed taking photos since i was a little fella. Recently (6 months ago) decided to take my pictures a step further and step into the big wide (expensive!) world of DLSR's! Wow... what a rabit hole I jumped into! haha

I bought myself a basic Nikon D5200, with the standard kit lens (18-55), as well as a telephoto (55-200 i think) and a prime lens (50), which I think covers most bases, and am just learning to use them as I go.

I'm big into nature and landscapes, which I think will be my direction, but I also photograph a lot of bonsai... which is actually what led me to upgrade my camera, as I didn't like the shots I was getting with my point and shoot.

I wanted to get in touch with more like minded people, which is what led me here :) So look forward to meeting you all and showing you some of my work!

Cheers
Jason

ameerat42
24-02-2015, 4:03pm
Hi Jason. Welcome to AP.

Join in and enjoy as well as learn stuff.

You will find some useful starting off info in the Library (click on tab above).

And - did I say join in? - Oh, well, it's worth repeating.:D
Am.

Bonsai Jason
24-02-2015, 4:21pm
Hi Jason. Welcome to AP.

Join in and enjoy as well as learn stuff.

You will find some useful starting off info in the Library (click on tab above).

And - did I say join in? - Oh, well, it's worth repeating.:D
Am.

Thanks for the welcome!

That Libary is amazing! Big props to all who helped create that, as its a very useful read. Found it much easier to understand then most of the books I've read :)

Mary Anne
24-02-2015, 5:07pm
Hello Jason and Welcome to AP. Plenty to learn here post some images on the Forums for cc, that's a great way to learn, lots of Competitions to enter
There is always the Weekly Challenge something different every week *Drips* for week 8 http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-Member-Challenges-52-2015

bitsnpieces
24-02-2015, 5:27pm
Welcome to AP Jason and hope you find AP enjoyable :)

Bonsai Jason
24-02-2015, 7:08pm
Thanks guys, looking forward to sharing some of my stuff and getting stuck into some of those comps!

If I get the chance I'll post some stuff up in the beginners critique section tonight to see how i'm tracking so far :)

ricktas
24-02-2015, 7:29pm
Welcome. See you on the forums.

rwg717
24-02-2015, 7:53pm
Cheers Jason and welcome to AP:)
Richard

Kym
25-02-2015, 1:35pm
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Bonsai Jason
25-02-2015, 3:13pm
Thanks again guys :)

Will definately be entering a competition or two, they seem like some good fun! Am just now trying to figure out an interesting picture involving a drink :P think i might be able to come up with something :)

Mark L
25-02-2015, 10:56pm
G'day Jason.
I try to refrain my enthusiasm but would encourage yours.:th3:;)
Look forward to you getting involved here. Will help you (and us learn) and is what makes forums work.:th3:
Don't be afraid to ask question if you think you need help with anything.:)