PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!!

aaron cooper
23-02-2015, 10:34am
G'day everyone,
Im Aaron and over the past several months, have really got into photography. It statrted out that all I have wanted to do i take photo's of lightning. I finally got myself a decent camrea (Nikon D3100 DSLR) a tri pod and cable release shutter....now where's the lightning??

I decided while I was waiting for a storm, I'd go out and take some photo's of some landscape stuff, rural, beaches, whatever really, and my love for photography has gone through the roof.
I have started doing a lot of reading up on ISO, F/ and slowly shooting more in manual mode rather than automatic.

Of late with summer comes storms and I have had the chance to get some great pics, only it looks like sometimes the photos have been taken with an old Nokia 3210 (if they ever had camrea's?) Its somthing Im doing wrong with the settings and over the coming weeks would love to hear your thoughts and getting my photo's sharpend up. Not just with storms, but all types of photography.... what can I say...IM in love!!

Great to be here and cannot wait to gett to know you all!

Cheers

Aaron

ameerat42
23-02-2015, 10:47am
Hi Aaron. Welcome to AP.

I had a look at your gallery, and you have come a long way fast!!
Have a look in the Library section of AP for useful info and join in.

Am.

aaron cooper
23-02-2015, 11:38am
Thank you very much for your feed back! and wrapped to be here!
And viewed my gallery? how?
Sorry Im still very new to AP :)

ricktas
23-02-2015, 12:07pm
From your gallery there is no way you are a beginner, I have upgraded you to advanced

Mary Anne
23-02-2015, 1:32pm
Hello Aaron and Welcome to AP.. Plenty to learn here though it seems you have caught on really quick and can understand your camera.
Join right in and start posting and I Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums
Lots of Competitions to enter and there is always the Weekly Challenge different every week.. Drips this week http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-Member-Challenges-52-2015

Linda R
23-02-2015, 4:12pm
Hi Aaron, hope you got some of the storms we got this morning there was heaps of lightning!!:D

bitsnpieces
24-02-2015, 2:21am
Hi Aaron and welcome to AP

Kym
24-02-2015, 8:50am
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!