PDA

View Full Version : Reintroduction

cyberkitten79
23-02-2015, 3:35am
Reintroducing myself!
I joined the forum 4 years ago and have just checked my profile and it says saving up for my fist DSLR in about 6 months...4 years later and it arrived this week (I'm bad at saving, it's not been stuck in the post that long!).

I'm Annie from Sheffield (UK) , i'm now 35, and I now have a 3 year old daughter which is my prime reason for wanting to learn to take better photographs. Still a beginner 4 years on ;)

ricktas
23-02-2015, 6:56am
Welcome back

tandeejay
23-02-2015, 8:40am
Hi, I'm in what sounds like the position you were in 4 years ago... Saving for my 1st DSLR. I hope it doesn't take me 4 yrs to get :) ... But things keep happening that slow my saving efforts... (like storm damage, and car breakdowns)...

Mary Anne
23-02-2015, 10:15am
Hello Annie and Welcome back and congrats on the arrival of your daughter and that long awaited camera.
Have a read at what is on this :url: (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) its a good place to start. Join right in and start posting in the Forums you will get plenty of help here.
Lots of Competitions to enter and there is always the Weekly Challenge, the word this week is Drips http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-Member-Challenges-52-2015

cyberkitten79
24-02-2015, 6:33am
Thanks Mary :)

As soon as I get to grips with what the buttons do I'll post some pictures.

Tandeejay - i'm the same things kept cropping up that were more of a need! So glad I've finally got one but my shopping list for accessories is now growing lol

Kym
24-02-2015, 12:47pm
:gday: & Welcome back to AP!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

chomper
24-02-2015, 6:58pm
Welcome back, I've been away from the forum for a while as well.

sunset
26-02-2015, 10:24pm
Welcome back, I come & go too. I'm still taking photos but there's just not enough hours in the day!