PDA

View Full Version : Hi from an NEW old-timer

Moxi
03-02-2015, 1:03pm
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but otherwise I am a retired old-timer. I used to live for forty years on an island in Bass Straight Tasmania, but the bad health service made me decide to come to Melbourne.
I have just recently sold all my Nikon Gear—tons of lenses from 10mm over several macros up to 400mm. All this stuff was in mint condition but as you might know there is not much money in used older gear. With the proceeds I purchased a Panasonic GX-7 including the 20mm f1.7 kit lens, as well as the small Pana 14-42 power-zoom. For my love of macro I got the Oly 60mm and for wide I got an Oly 9-18mm. The whole lot is much lighter than my earlier gear, however I sometimes miss the simplicity of the Nikon.
I am only 18 month in Melbourne and hope joining this forum will enable me to keep my interest of photography alive.

Cheers Moxi

Kym
03-02-2015, 1:08pm
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ameerat42
03-02-2015, 1:18pm
Welcome to AP, Moxi.
Am.

Mary Anne
03-02-2015, 3:12pm
Hello Maxi and Welcome to AP. I have that macro lens use it on my E-M1 as its a lot smaller and oh so lighter than my other three macro lenses.
Do understand what you mean about missing the simplicity of your big DSLR. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Macro Forum.

ricktas
03-02-2015, 8:24pm
Welcome Moxi. You moved in the wrong direction :D

Enjoy AP.