PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Kitty7
01-02-2015, 6:25pm
Hi,

My name is Kat, I'm from Melbourne, Victoria.

I'm interested in event, portrait and macro photography.

Camera, Nikon D5200
Lenses, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm f1.8g & 50mm f1.8g

I'm a newbie. I did photography back in school and have always had an interest in it. I had a film SLR in my earlier years but after everything went digital we only ever owned point and shoots. My husband had seen me lusting after DSLR's for a while so for Christmas last year he bought me one and I have purchased a few lenses since then. For the last year I have been on a bit of a learning curve getting out of auto, shooting in raw and using lightroom. I have watched many tutorials, read lots of info and got some great advice from photographer friends. At this stage photography is a hobby and creative outlet for me. I don't think I'd ever go professional purely because I'm a perfectionist and doubt everything I do.

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you and getting some constructive feedback on my photos.

Chat soon,
Kat

ricktas
01-02-2015, 7:17pm
Welcome to AP Kat. sounds like you are getting right back into it. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

ameerat42
01-02-2015, 7:30pm
Hi Kat. Welcome to AP.
Am.

bitsnpieces
01-02-2015, 9:10pm
Welcome Kat and happy to have you on board :)

rwg717
01-02-2015, 9:18pm
Hi Kat and welcome to AP:tog:
Richard

Mary Anne
01-02-2015, 10:12pm
Hello Kat :action66: and Welcome to AP. This is a great Forum for learning so join right in and post your images on the Forums for cc that another great way to learn.
And have a go at commenting on other Members Posts thats also a good way to get to know everyone
Try this weeks Challenge http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?137538-The-2015-Members-Challenge-Week-5-quot-C-quot its a lot of fun :2smile:

Kym
02-02-2015, 7:54am
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
02-02-2015, 9:00pm
G'day Kat.
You've found a good place to share and play.
Mary Annes suggestion of getting involved in the weekly challenge works for me. Has given me a reason to try something different every other week.
Ask questions, make comments. It's how we all learn.
See you around AP hopefully.:th3: