PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

Warb
09-01-2015, 3:58pm
Hi,

I stumbled across this forum whilst researching for a new lens purchase. I've always had a vague interest in photography, starting with a Voigtlander 110 my father bought me many years ago. I was gifted his old Pentax ME Supers in the 1980's, then a Super A (if my memory is correct), and finally bought (cheap) a Canon EOS 500 from a friend in the 1990's. I've never been an avid photographer, I've just taken a few pictures of things for my own enjoyment. However a 3 month trip across Australia, together with the inability to get film processed locally, resulted in me buying a Canon 7D a couple of years ago.

My pictures are still taken "for me", but I like to do as good a job as possible.....

The research I have been doing has raised a question in my mind regarding choice of lens, but I'll post it in the relevant section!!

ameerat42
09-01-2015, 4:06pm
Hi Warb. Welcome to AP.

Well, even if you take pics just for yourself, your interaction on here will certainly guarantee some personally measurable improvement.

To get about the site AND to see what new photogs can do, click on the Library tab and look at the relevant sections.
Am.

Debra Faulkner
09-01-2015, 4:06pm
Hi Warb, welcome to AP. There is nothing wrong with taking pictures for yourself for your own enjoyment - you should never feel pressured that you must at some time begin taking them for others.

Join in by posting some of your pics and making comments on others.

See you on the forums!

Mary Anne
09-01-2015, 5:39pm
Hello Warb and Welcome to AP.. I have plenty of those kind of photos from trips overseas and its lovely to go down memory lane when you plug in that external HDD and see them again.
The Members here can offer you help regarding your choice of lens. Look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums also.

Mark L
09-01-2015, 9:46pm
G'day from just down the road Warb.:)
I also generally take photos for myself and just to take photos, though I quite enjoy sharing them here on AP. Have a few friends I email them to also, mmm, wish I had more than a few friends.;)
Hope you stay involved here. 'tis what makes forums work.

bitsnpieces
11-01-2015, 11:27am
Hello and welcome Warb, great to see you join AP :)

rwg717
11-01-2015, 10:24pm
Cheers Warb and enjoy the forum:tog:
Richard

Kym
12-01-2015, 8:27am
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!