PDA

View Full Version : Photo Continental Camera Shop (Brisbane)

nardes
01-01-2015, 8:42pm
I was just browsing the PC website and noticed the attached message. It looks like discount internet purchasing has taken its toll on this well established bricks and mortar store.

I first visited them when they were at Kessels Road, back in 1993 when I think they billed themselves as the Southern Hemispheres largest photo retail shop.

How sad

lenscap
01-01-2015, 9:01pm
It is sad when this happens to a good store. My father purchased camera gear from them, and I started buying from them when they were in Queen Street in the city.

I try to support local business because when you want something in a hurry they are there and can help.

nardes
01-01-2015, 9:16pm
My understanding is that they will still continue to sell DSLRs etc. but will be holding much less in stock than they used to.:confused013

Cheers

Dennis

nixworries
01-01-2015, 9:36pm
i was there yesterday, they have moved downstairs at the back, quarter of the size it used to be.

Mary Anne
02-01-2015, 12:26am
My Favourite well only Camera Store and I have noticed the changes in the past 12 months
They still give the best Service and are so helpful so its very sad to see them having to go this way,
Though I can understand them not stocking all the gear they want to that would cost heaps.

Redgum
03-01-2015, 11:14pm
I don't think they recovered from an Office of Fair Trading enquiry about three years ago. I, among a number of other professional businesses sought quotes for equipment and were subsequently sent invoices even though the goods were never purchased. I understand it was a scheme created by an exuberant marketing manager who was later dismissed.
You need to be so careful in business even with an extensive reputation.