PDA

View Full Version : Watch what happens when kids are given a film camera - priceless

HelenClaire
19-11-2014, 11:33pm
This video is really funny but makes me feel incredibly old as I remember when it took a week to get your processed film back not 1 hour. These kids who have only ever taken photos with a mobile phone are perplexed by the complexities of a film camera. Watch their reactions and comments.

https://fstoppers.com/film/kids-try-use-film-cameras-first-time-and-unsurprisingly-have-no-idea-how-they-44890

Grant S
20-11-2014, 6:33am
Nice. What would have been really cool was if they showed the kids how to develop film into negatives and then to produce prints in the darkroom. That would have blown their young minds. :lol:Particularly the one who couldn't wait an hour just to see a picture.

ricktas
20-11-2014, 6:59am
Love it.

wanderer51
20-11-2014, 3:14pm
What would the kids reaction have been if they were told that they would have to wait a week instead of an hour to get their photos back?????

farmmax
20-11-2014, 9:11pm
That was a good watch. It would have been good to see their reaction to film processing, and the excitement of seeing it appear in the developer.

Mark L
21-11-2014, 8:08pm
How many of these kids would have ever taken any photos without modern technology?

Loved their common negative reaction to not being about to see the photo straight away. That may say something.

jev
21-11-2014, 8:43pm
negative reaction to not being about to see the photo straight away. That may say something.
Exactly. Kids don't see photographs as long lasting documents but instead as something that vaporizes quickly. That's the power of the social media I guess... "quick, snap a selfie, post it online, laugh about it and continue".

arthurking83
22-11-2014, 1:58pm
I thought the video had that slightly 'manufactured' feel to it(ie. young actors, not real kids) in a scripted manner .. but still amusing to see it.

I also thought it was a bit sad that they either didn't fully inform the kids, or edited out, the fact that the first truly useful 'digital photography' was the scanning of films or prints for viewing on a computer, and that it was only until only a few years ago that digital cameras have surpassed films as the best way to digitize images.

Mark L
22-11-2014, 10:02pm
^jeez AK, they don't understand waiting for film to be developed. And then I have to take the time to scan my selfie, and then ....:eek:

Nick Cliff
23-11-2014, 7:15am
Great fun, the anticipation of the results re films being developed was not unlike receiving a nice present to my mind, regards Nick.

nixworries
23-11-2014, 7:42am
good fun, imagine the look when you tell them you had to wait a week - but you had to pay to get it processed - then pay to get them printed before you could look at them