PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

LuckyDuck
18-11-2014, 7:17pm
Wow! This is a sophisticated forum! I look forward to getting to know my way around and learning a lot. I'm fairly new to photography but have read a fair bit online about the theory. So, I'm long on enthusiasm, and VERY short on experience.

I have a 5D Mk III, 50 f/1.2L and 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM and love both lenses. One day I would like an ultra wide and something for Macro shots, but first I need a good tripod and perhaps a couple more flashes for indoor photography. I'm interested in studio shots (specifically furniture), and general landscape, architecture and my family! I've got a lot to learn!! Thank you.

Warm regards,
LuckyDuck

ricktas
18-11-2014, 7:36pm
Welcome. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

Mark L
18-11-2014, 8:55pm
G'day LuckyDuck.
You've found a good place to play and learn.
Once you figure this place out, don't be afraid to ask questions, make comments and generally get involved. 'tis what makes forums work.
The members challenges can be fun and keep up interest when photo mogo is a bit down.
See you around AP, hopefully.

Kym
18-11-2014, 11:19pm
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

Mary Anne
18-11-2014, 11:38pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing that you post on the Forums.

bitsnpieces
19-11-2014, 3:16am
Hi LuckyDuck, and welcome to the forums

A great set of gear to start with, and yes, I also find this forum a little confusing, and still do. XD

Nonetheless, lots of learning available from here

NRandall
19-11-2014, 8:56pm
Welcome aboard and nice to meet you Lucky
Looking forward to seeing your photos

Roddy3030
22-11-2014, 7:03pm
Hi and welcome to AP. Theres plenty to learn here. Cheers.

rwg717
23-11-2014, 7:25pm
Hi there and welcome to AP:)
Richard