PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Denise Aitken

DGAitken
03-11-2014, 9:02am
Good morning
New today, having come across the site when googling suggestions for a description to do with geometric shapes as a potential future topic for my local photography club.

I thought I would join up to see what other photo hobbyists are up to and I am looking forward to exploring the site in great detail over the next few weeks. In terms of my own photography, I think of myself as a 'bit' photographer, that is, I like to photograph the detailed bits of a larger image. I don't really enjoy shooting portraits or insects, but of course I do from time to time.

My primary camera for the past few years has been a Canon 7D with 24-105, 70-300, 100 macro and a sigma 10-20 lenses, but I bought an Olympus OMD-EM5 a while back for travel. I have 12-35 and 35-100 Panasonic 2.8 lenses, plus the Olympus 75-300. The OMD really played second fiddle to the Canon, but I am using it more and more. I do have a problem with the 35-100 freezing that I have not been able to resolve, annoying, but I work around it.

It's time to upgrade and I am seriously thinking of getting rid of my SLR gear and moving totally to 4/3. I will be using the forum for advice.

Denise

I @ M
03-11-2014, 9:29am
Welcome to AP Denise, pull up a chair and join in by offering critique on other peoples work and share some of yours for critique as well.
You will probably find plenty of advice form other members on the 4/3 vs DSLR choices and I reckon I can just about hear Mary Anne typing now ------- :D

ameerat42
03-11-2014, 9:46am
And me, but with no advice:(

However, welcome to AP.

Kym
03-11-2014, 9:53am
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
03-11-2014, 11:17am
Hello Denise and Welcome to AP. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums with your E-M5
My E-M1 has its place as my walk around camera for now, nice and light and that's what I bought it for.

Mark L
03-11-2014, 8:46pm
G'day Denise, welcome to your second camera club.:)
Participation is what makes clubs and forums work. Hope you get involved here.:th3:

rwg717
04-11-2014, 10:49pm
Cheers Denise and welcome to AP.:tog:
Richard

bitsnpieces
05-11-2014, 12:25am
Welcome Denise, and sounds like an interesting way to find yourself here, and ideas you have there. :)