PDA

View Full Version : Consistency

RubyKatz
07-10-2014, 8:35am
As with photography and enjoying this website I find that consistency is the key. I keep letting my membership in here lapse, partly due to long term illness and also lack of consistency of maintaining a set routine.

As interested in photography as I am, I cannot let it consume me but enjoy it just as a hobby. Practice is the only thing that will make me get better but I still find some people have a natural talent for photography without even having studied anything about it.

My hat goes off to you with the natural talent and to the others who have studied and perfected the craft. I feel I will always be an onlooker and am pleased that others share their splendid creations with the rest of us.;)

Mary Anne
07-10-2014, 10:09am
Welcome Back Ruby.

ricktas
07-10-2014, 11:02am
Welcome back. Photography is no different to any other hobby/skill. The more you do it, and the more consistent/regular you are at it, all the while taking on board ways to improve, the benefits and betterment will happen. Photography, exercise, knitting, cooking, dog training, driving, our jobs... everything we do requires skills and we can all acquire those skills with practice, learning and participation. Probably the only thing holding you back is your own thinking that you cannot be as good as others. You can be, if you apply yourself.

Mark L
07-10-2014, 8:41pm
G'day Ruby.
I sort of feel I'm in the same boat as you (sort of:))
I do enjoy having a reason to take a photo though. It's why I like the weekly members challenge (one of my routines). It's never to late to get involved .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?188-Member-Challenges-52-2014. The weekly themes can be found in the threat at top.

All the best with your health.

Kym
08-10-2014, 10:46am
:gday: & Welcome back to AP!