PDA

View Full Version : Hello from London

tommac
27-09-2014, 5:21pm
Hi Guys,
I'm a Still life photographer currently working in London. However, I'm moving to Brisbane in January and thought I'd drop by to say hi, and also try to find out about the photography scene in Australia.

Can any still life togs here, let me know what the market is like in Brisbane compared to say Sydney and Melbourne, and do togs tend to travel around much for still life jobs?

This is my work www.tommac.photography

Thanks for saying hi
Tom

ricktas
27-09-2014, 5:59pm
Hi Tom,

Welcome to Ausphotography. Good luck with the relocation. Pro Photographers in Aus are doing it tough at present, but there is still work to be had for those willing to put in the effort. So much is now just done overseas and then the image used in Australia, especially in the product photography area.

Some great work on your website.

tommac
27-09-2014, 6:37pm
Thanks Rick
Seems to have been tough all over for a while now. I'm certainly going to hungry to succeed, although dropping in without contacts does make it a bit harder. Also not sure about the location but I'm hoping that the work there is, is spread throughout the country and not just in Sydney and Melbourne.
Great landscapes on your site Rick.

Kym
27-09-2014, 9:20pm
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

bitsnpieces
28-09-2014, 7:05am
Hi Tom and welcome - super awesome being able to get some international influence here to inspire us to more perspectives in photography :)