PDA

View Full Version : Hi from BradR

BradR
12-09-2014, 5:29pm
Hi, have always had an interest in photography. Started at the age of six, when I draged a chair over to the mantle above the fireplace, climbed on the chair and managed to pull the exposed film strip from the film canister to see the pictures. Never did see those pictures.

Joined this forum looking for info on dslr photography. Have owned many cameras over the years but never a dslr. Current camera is canon powershot. Today I ordered a canon 5d mark 3. Guess I'm in for lots of reading. BRAD

ricktas
12-09-2014, 5:53pm
Welcome Brad. See you on the forums soon.

ameerat42
12-09-2014, 6:26pm
Hi Brad. What a tale!!!
I hope those days are well behind you now:D
Am.

Mary Anne
12-09-2014, 7:27pm
Hello Brad and Welcome to AP..
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forum when you get the hang of that new gear :2smile:

Mark L
12-09-2014, 8:12pm
g'day Brad.
The more you get involved here the more you'll learn.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, make comments and generally get involved here.
They'll be a disc that comes with your 5D that has Canons DPP on it. If you plan to take photos using RAW, DPP can do some useful things (even if you have other post processing software).

Kym
12-09-2014, 9:37pm
:gday: & Welcome to AP!
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

bitsnpieces
13-09-2014, 12:39pm
Welcome Brad and congrats on your purchase. The 5D Mark III is a wonder camera and you'll certainly enjoy it.

markdphotography
13-09-2014, 3:48pm
You are in good company and bought the right type of camera and not one from the dark side.