PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Canowind
30-08-2014, 8:48pm
hi All
My name is mike. live in south golden beach NSW. New to digital cameras except basic full auto P&S. Was into Photography while travelling in the 1980s and had a nikon FE2 and a couple of lenses. sold all my gear in 1990. currently (very new) interested in bird watching and keen to get back into photography.
I have just purchased a bridge camera (0lympus sp100). Actually its still in the mail on its way to my impatient hands! Quite astounded at the change in cameras since my old nikon. Feel this will be something i can learn on and offers an opportunity for some rewarding and inspiring fun. Suspect I will upgrade in a year or so, rather intoxicated at the thought of getting the hang of this camera and back into photography. Will be following your basic course as seem a great way to get a handle on using a digital camera.
mike

Kym
30-08-2014, 9:08pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
30-08-2014, 9:26pm
Welcome to AP. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

Mary Anne
30-08-2014, 10:01pm
Hello mike and Welcome to AP it wont take you long to get back into the swing of things and congrats on the New Camera.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forum when you get it, and enjoy your new gear :2smile:

bitsnpieces
31-08-2014, 5:13am
Welcome Mike and hope you'll enjoy your stay - plenty of things to learn :)

Mark L
31-08-2014, 9:11pm
G'day Mike.
Enjoy your new photographic journey.:th3:
Don't be afraid to ask questions, make comments and generally get involved here. 'tis what makes forums work.:)

Canowind
31-08-2014, 11:02pm
Welcome to AP. See you and your photos on the forums soon.
Thanks Rick

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the encouragement Mary Anne

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Mike and hope you'll enjoy your stay - plenty of things to learn :)
Too true! Thanks David

- - - Updated - - -

G'day Mike.
Enjoy your new photographic journey.:th3:
Don't be afraid to ask questions, make comments and generally get involved here. 'tis what makes forums work.:)
Thanks Mark, just need to learn enough to know what to ask !

Mark L
01-09-2014, 8:37pm
Thanks Mark, just need to learn enough to know what to ask !

That's amusing. Thanks for the :)

enVision
03-09-2014, 11:17am
Welcome to AP mate, you'll love it here. Looking forward to seeing some of your images up in the forums.