PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

AutumnValkyrie11
29-08-2014, 6:37pm
Hi Everyone!
I'm a 25 year old Mum of 3 boys, and have been dabbling in photography since I was about 13 when I got my first ever digital camera. I was given a Nikon D60 with a Nikkor 18-136mm lens for my 19th birthday by my wonderful hubby and fell instantly in love! Over the years I've enjoyed experimenting and playing around with it, and am finally brave enough to shoot mostly in manual (big step for me!!)

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, and getting some constructive criticism. I'm also very much looking forward to seeing all your shots!

At the time being, I only have a simple laptop, so am only editing with picasa, which is terrible! I can't wait to get my hands on a decent computer that can handle photoshop! Oh the possibilities!!

Looking forward to interacting with you all :)

Kym
29-08-2014, 6:41pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

AutumnValkyrie11
29-08-2014, 6:42pm
Thanks Kym :) I'll do that!

Mary Anne
29-08-2014, 8:05pm
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP what a great Intro I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.
Google Free Editing Software there are a few out there much better than picasa, Paint Net, there is Gimp which is like Photoshop.
What about a larger monitor connected to your laptop if the budget allows many laptop owners do it that way.
If you need to know anything click on the Library up the top, plenty of info there, this is a great Forum you will gets lots of help here :2smile:

Psyclone
29-08-2014, 8:30pm
Welcome Autumn

Mark L
29-08-2014, 8:46pm
G'day Autumnetc:)
Hope you get involved here. Don't be afraid to make comments and ask questions.
As Mary Anne mentioned, GIMP for processing. Takes a while to learn (like any software) but it is free and powerful.

ricktas
29-08-2014, 8:58pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

bitsnpieces
30-08-2014, 6:28am
Welcome Autumn to the forums, and high 5's on the young mother of 3 - that's gotta be hectic for you. :)

Anyways, as Mary Anne said, try a few other programs, like GIMP - it'll be similar to Photoshop and run better. It's probably the program I should be running on my laptop... but I've become accustomed to Photoshop that I just put up with the slower work flow a little. lol

Glad to see you're enjoying photography nonetheless - looking forward to seeing some of your photos :)

AutumnValkyrie11
30-08-2014, 8:05am
Welcome Autumn to the forums, and high 5's on the young mother of 3 - that's gotta be hectic for you. :)

Anyways, as Mary Anne said, try a few other programs, like GIMP - it'll be similar to Photoshop and run better. It's probably the program I should be running on my laptop... but I've become accustomed to Photoshop that I just put up with the slower work flow a little. lol

Glad to see you're enjoying photography nonetheless - looking forward to seeing some of your photos :)

Haha it sure can be hectic! But they are great subjects and make my life very interesting!
I'll give GIMP a go since a lot of people have suggested it. I would never have thought of using a larger monitor! I have a few spares hiding around somewhere.

I've been exploring the forums and am loving what I'm seeing!

Thanks everyone! Feeling very welcome :)