PDA

View Full Version : Hi there! im new and still learning but i already know i love macro!

sambaker
26-08-2014, 12:10pm
Hi Everyone,

I'm Samantha (Sam), a few months ago hubby and I decided to finally buy the camera we have always wanted but never actually purchased. Not knowing too much about them I discussed it with my photographer friend and purchased the Canon 600D, spent a few weeks getting to know how to use it and learning manual mode too. I soon discovered I couldn't do what I wanted with my kit 18-55mm lens and that's when we went a little crazy and bought 3 more! Now I have my favourite the Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro lens (with stabilizer), Canon 50mm f1.8 (I really really wanted the f1.4 but after dishing out for the macro I had to settle for the f1.8 instead but I am pretty happy with it anyway), and the Canon zoom lens 55-250mm. The bug has certainly bitten both of us as we like to find excuses to go out with our 2 kids and take photos.

Most of what I would like to share on here would be my macro images as I'm quite interested in it and would love the feedback, quick question, can I add the link from my facebook album here or use another platform e.g flickr to do this?

thanks so much and can't wait to start taking more photos!
Sam

I @ M
26-08-2014, 12:27pm
Welcome to AP Sam, pull up a chair and join in with sharing your work and offering opinions on the work of other members.

Image linking via flikr is pretty easy to do and saves this site a lot of bandwidth. If you have a look through the site library you will find plentu of info available and one page that is handy straight away is the tutorial on linking flikr images. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:Flickr_:_How_to_link_photos_into_Ausphotography

Mary Anne
26-08-2014, 1:32pm
Hello Sam :action66: and Welcome to AP.. I love macro too so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

sambaker
26-08-2014, 1:42pm
Thanks Andrew,

the site is still a bit overwhelming atm but I'm slowly starting to navigate myself around it

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mary Anne,

I'm more interested in flowers but its early days still! probably sounds strange but I like the look and feel of natural light photography mixed with macro so I'm starting to experiment a little in the backyard with it, so far I'm happy with my results

enVision
26-08-2014, 2:15pm
Welcome Sam, the 100mm f2.8 macro is an awesome lens, and one I was looking at a while back. Combined with the 600D + your other lenses you're set up to take some incredible shots. Looking forward to seeing some of your work up in the forums!

Steve Axford
26-08-2014, 4:39pm
Hi Sam. Good luck with your macro. I also like natural light, but it can be more difficult, especially with macro. For flowers you will need a very calm day or the flowers will move in the wind.
Again - good luck.

bitsnpieces
26-08-2014, 5:50pm
Welcome Sam and it's great to see your enthusiasm and your initiative already. Excited to see some of your photos :)

Kym
26-08-2014, 5:59pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
26-08-2014, 9:46pm
G'day Sam.
Wonder how long before a second camera is needed in your family? And then who gets to use which body?:D
If you're looking to try (and learn) some different things, it's not to late to get involved in this years weekly members challenge ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?188-Member-Challenges-52-2014
Macro by candle light. Wish Mary Anne had of thought of that.:)
Hope to see you around AP Sam.:th3:

sambaker
26-08-2014, 10:05pm
Hi Mark,

the weekly members challenge looks like a great idea, I'm always wanting to try something new but tend to get stuck for new ideas, there are only so many times the kids will let me take photo's of them before they have had enough!

thanks
Sam

rwg717
26-08-2014, 11:18pm
Hello Sam and welcome to AP:)
Richard