PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Allann
05-08-2014, 6:00pm
Going through the getting started section, and it recommends posting in here to introduce myself.

I'm Jon, been taking snap shots for a while, and wanting to step it up a bit, hoping this place can help with that. I don't really have anything specific i like taking pictures of, whatever is there usually.

here is a sample taken on the front lawn.

Look forward to joining in here.

ricktas
05-08-2014, 6:29pm
Welcome. Good intro shot. You sure you a beginner? See you on the forums soon.

Kym
05-08-2014, 6:33pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Allann
05-08-2014, 6:44pm
Welcome. Good intro shot. You sure you a beginner? See you on the forums soon.
Thanks ricktas. been dabbling with all sorts of genres for a few years, so not sure if that qualifies as anything else. For every image I keep, I probably throw away 50. This was the only one in about 20 I took that worked. I was happy with that.

:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Thanks Kym, I post some in the birds and people forums. I don't think I'm ready for any competitions yet, but thanks.

ameerat42
05-08-2014, 8:14pm
Hi Jon.
Am.

spides
05-08-2014, 9:42pm
Welcom Jon

Kym
05-08-2014, 11:50pm
Competitions are about learning, not winning, it's a way to challenge yourself - everyone is ready :D

Allann
05-08-2014, 11:56pm
Competitions are about learning, not winning, it's a way to challenge yourself - everyone is ready :D

Winning! LOL, who said anything about that? Not a chance for this little black duck. But you do make an interesting point, learning! I will have to look into this statement some more, being new here, I didn't know people commented on competition entries. I thought that was what the critique forums were for? More reading for me, there is so much on this site, and some very talented photographers too by the looks of some of the posted images.

Mary Anne
06-08-2014, 12:14am
Hello joh and Welcome to AP..

Mark L
06-08-2014, 10:08pm
You don't have to enter the comps Jon. You can decide what you like (or not) by voting though. Some of us may not know much, but we can vote for what we like. We are the judges!:)
You also get to see some good, and not so good photos that aren't posted for CC elsewhere on AP.:th3: