PDA

View Full Version : Hello

bradkennedy
30-07-2014, 9:23am
Well first and foremost I was introduced to this site by Damian Aimers (a member on here) and I have heard many great things about this site. My name is Brad Kennedy and currently I reside in Alice Springs, Northern Territory and I have been involved in photography for approximately one year now.

I originally started out with a Canon 400D that my father gave me three or four years ago. I had absolutely no idea how to use this camera as my experience was limited to simple point and shoot digital cameras (if that). One day whilst talking with a friend (who now happens to be my fiancee) she mentioned that she did photography and was willing to show my the basics on the 400D. Since then I haven't looked back. I now possess her old Canon 7D and shoot regularly with that.

I have a major interest in night photography, long exposures in low light, landscapes and wildlife. For some reason I can't put my finger on I am not a fan photographing people. I welcome any and all feedback and when it comes to post editing I am a complete beginner.

I look forward to sharing and improving my photography and hopefully one day be able to provide some tips and insight to other artists.

Mary Anne
30-07-2014, 11:48am
Hello Brad and Welcome to AP.. Join right in and start posting on the Forum for cc, another great way to learn.
And have a go at commenting on other Members posts also. :2smile:

ameerat42
30-07-2014, 1:40pm
Hi (again) Brad.

A fine how-do-you-do even if I have already answered one of your posts:rolleyes:

Enjoy.

Damian Aimers
30-07-2014, 6:34pm
Hi Brad, and welcome.

This place is a great resource of ideas and valuable experience. Make the most of having the ability to gain feedback from all of the members. Have a good look around and make yourself at home. It is also led by some of the best and coolest people in Australian Photography.
I am sure you will have great fun and a great time here. I look forward to seeing more and more of your captures.

ricktas
30-07-2014, 7:24pm
Welcome. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

Mark L
30-07-2014, 7:46pm
[QUOTE=Damian Aimers;1247011]. It is also led by some of the best and coolest people in Australian Photography.
Damien referring to himself. :lol:

Gday and welcome aboard Brad.
Have fun, and if you can add to a little more irreverence around here, I'd be happy.:)

Kym
30-07-2014, 8:44pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

bitsnpieces
31-07-2014, 3:29am
Welcome Brad - great to see you made it on here too :)

Plenty of things to learn here regarding night photography :)

rwg717
31-07-2014, 8:28pm
Cheers Brad, welcome to AP:)
Richard

bigmick
03-08-2014, 7:09pm
welcome to AP. enjoy your stay.