PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

keavaa
26-07-2014, 7:36pm
Hiya,

My name is Chris and my journey with a camera started when I was five. My dad gave my a Chinon Single Reflex film camera with a 50mm prime lens. I found interest in taking photos just of every day things, plants, animals and landscapes. That camera served me faithfully for a really long time, until I replaced it with a Nikon F100 which I had for about 3 years. Having a zoom lens was like discovering fire. As much as it gave me options, it also made me a bit lazy. I didn't hunt for just the right spot or angle as much as before.

Then I entered the digital camera arena with a Nikon Coolpix 5700 which I had for around 11 years up until a few months ago when I bought a Nikon D3300.

I still focus on plants, animals and landscapes. I do try my hand at most things photographically, part of a learning and understanding process. Sometimes results are good, others quite bad. With no one to discuss my passion with, I wasn't able to know why results were the way they were. That's something I hope I will find here in due course.

While I have owned a camera for most of my life, I honestly don't know what my skill level is. I see something, I take a photo and more of than not, I like what I captured.

The extent of my post processing basically is just cropping. I spend so much time in front of a computer in my day-to-day job, spending more time at a computer post-processing images is just something I loathe doing.

Thats about it I think.

Cheers,
Chris

Kym
26-07-2014, 7:49pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Bumped to Intermediate based on you experience :th3:

ameerat42
26-07-2014, 9:05pm
G'day Keava.

I hope you'll lose your aversion to PP by and by, as you come to see some properly proportioned PP as a not invalid part of the production of
an image.

Am.

Mary Anne
27-07-2014, 12:32am
Hello Chris and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing some of your images on the Forums.
All digital images need some kind of pp and this is the best place to pick up hints on what to do best.

Langers
27-07-2014, 12:40am
Welcome Chris. I also try to get it right in camera, but thankfully there is some awesome pp advice on here as well.

ricktas
27-07-2014, 7:50am
Welcome Chris. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

bitsnpieces
27-07-2014, 8:13am
Welcome Chris and looking forward to seeing some of your photos also.

You'll have a lot of fun here :)