PDA

View Full Version : Definitely a Beginner

buckscreek
26-07-2014, 1:39pm
Hi Everyone,
I'm very much a newbie to digital photography. Have just purchased my first Canon EOS and I must say a little daunted by all the buttons, f-stops, ISO's etc. But I'm looking forward to the challenge with a little help from my new friends :).
I live in western Sydney and work in Parramatta, but like to get away on weekends for country rides - I'm also a motorbike enthusiast and would like to combine the two interests. At this stage I'm a better rider than a photographer, but I hope to change that over the coming months, or years :D, however long it takes.
Now I need to read the manual, charge the battery and start shooting. I look forward to my first photo post and your encouraging critique.
Cheers,
B

paulheath
26-07-2014, 2:02pm
Welcome aboard, dont be too put off by all the whistles and bells..practice, practice......oh did i mention.....practice..hope too see some pics soon

bitsnpieces
26-07-2014, 3:24pm
Welcome buckscreek to AP

And as paulheath mentioned, don't worry about all those buttons - you'll naturally learn what they do as you try one thing at a time :)

Kym
26-07-2014, 6:48pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

Langers
26-07-2014, 11:36pm
Welcome B, won't be hard to combine motorbikin and photography! Trust me ;-)

ricktas
27-07-2014, 6:51am
Welcome. See you and your photos soon, round the forums

Mary Anne
27-07-2014, 7:35am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Congrats on the new Camera, Lens and whatever other gear you bought that's a start of a long list to come.
Join right in and start posting some images on the Forums and you will learn so much you will loose that Beginners Skill Level very fast.

Avalon
28-07-2014, 2:06pm
Congrats on your new gear. It always seems daunting at first, but don't try to learn it all at once. Lots of help here and elsewhere, and I'm sure you'll enjoy the learning curve. :)

buckscreek
28-07-2014, 4:32pm
Thank's everyone for your welcomes and encouragement. I've started taking photos with the new gear and I'll post one when I think it's at least presentable :)

Cheers, B