PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie to the board ...

RaryGirl
20-07-2014, 9:58pm
I'm not very good at intro's ... but here goes. I'm a hobby photographer, have had an interest since taking Art in school way back last century, but only now am I finally taking time to dabble and enjoy my hobby.

My family and I made a seachange to a seaside town outside Bundaberg a few years ago and I love it here - lots of gorgeous beach locations to photograph. My goal this cane harvesting season is to photograph a cane fire - but no luck as yet.

My teenage daughter and I are off to Japan in 3 months, so I'm trying to soak up as much info and put it into practice before then so I can try and do justice to the gorgeous temples and landscapes we'll visit.

There I am in a nutshell ... :D

ricktas
20-07-2014, 10:05pm
Welcome. See you and your photos on the forums soon

Kym
20-07-2014, 10:11pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
22-07-2014, 9:33pm
G'dat RaryGirl.
Best way to learn is to get involved.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and post photos so you can learn how to do things better before you get to Japan.
Maybe you're doing things right with your photos already. :confused013

RaryGirl
23-07-2014, 12:11am
G'dat RaryGirl.
Best way to learn is to get involved.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and post photos so you can learn how to do things better before you get to Japan.
Maybe you're doing things right with your photos already. :confused013

Oh I have heaps to learn and I have been admiring all the gorgeous photos posted on here. I'm sure you'll soon be sick of all my questions :o

Glenda
23-07-2014, 1:05pm
Welcome to the forum RaryGirl. Do they still do cane fires in Bundy? I know they're extremely rare further north.

bitsnpieces
23-07-2014, 6:37pm
Welcome RaryGirl - lots of stuff here to soak up so hope you manage before your vacation :)

RaryGirl
23-07-2014, 7:49pm
They do ... not every harvest and not all farmers, but so far two have burnt the cane before harvesting this season and I was at work both times :(