PDA

View Full Version : Back again

truthseeker
14-06-2014, 4:03pm
G'day, it's been a few months since I was last in here and, because of that, I have to post this to reinstate my account. I'm not sure what to post in here except, that I was born in Sydney Australia and now living on the South Coast of New South Wales Australia. I first picked up an old box brownie camera ~ anyone under 40 years old may have to Google that LOL ~ in the 1950's I then progressed, through my teens, to my first SLR where the photography bug really bit home and, with messy chemicals, I proceeded to destroy my mothers bathroom on more than one occasion. Over the years I have been lucky enough to travel over much of Australia and New Zealand and throughout those trips, I have always had a camera in my hands. About 5 years ago, and over 50 years from when I picked up my first camera, I joined the digital fraternity which has allowed me to expand my horizons and rediscover my love of Photography. I also write poetry and short stories as well as picking up a brush and my acrylics from time to time. Many of which you will find at http://www.redbubble.com/people/lesboucher

I have been honoured to win photographic competitions over the years including a Paolo Signorini Excellence in Atmospheric Waterscape Photography and several certificates in Better Photography in both 2013 and 2014.

I look forward to posting my work in the future and hearing what others think of it.....good or bad I am always open to constructive criticism. :nlogo:

Mary Anne
14-06-2014, 4:32pm
Hello and Welcome back.. WOW !! 50 years since you first picked up a camera you will be able to give Lots of Help and Advice here.
I reckon that would make your Skill Level Advance then.. So will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

ricktas
14-06-2014, 4:49pm
Welcome back and I agree with Mary Anne, based on your qualifications and awards we have upgraded you to advanced level. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

Kym
14-06-2014, 7:46pm
:gday: & Welcome Back !
- lets see some new photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

bitsnpieces
14-06-2014, 11:33pm
Welcome back and looking forward to learning from you :)

truthseeker
15-06-2014, 11:05am
Thank you for your warm comments and greetings. I'm not sure how much I have to offer in the teaching field, but if I can be of any assistance please feel free to ask. My mother used to say "learning is never a load to carry". With that in mind I am continually listening, reading and learning. Whether it be from magazines, books, you tube or from Old Mother Nature herself, each of us can learn something new each and every day. Just the other day while I was out walking with a couple of people I noticed how many of those that we passed had their heads down and their eyes fixed to the ground. Now that's all well and good if you want to take macro shots of ants or mushrooms LOL. But the world has so much beauty to offer if we just lift our heads and see what is being presented to us. As a Photographer I feel it is my duty to share the beauty that I see... I hope that you feel the same.

Psyclone
15-06-2014, 11:30am
Welcome back truthseeker

Nick Cliff
15-06-2014, 11:56am
Truthseeker welcome,and agree re people not seeing what may be around them ,those who have eyes to see and all that. I once was taking a photo of the sawn rocks in Mt Kaputar national park and was pointing the camera at a rock pool focusing on the pool when this joker stood in front of the camera,then asked me what I was photographing .I explained that the cliffs above the rock pool was the intended shot not his knee high socks and sandals.Well I listened fascinated as he lectured me on how to photograph the sawn rock (volcanic vertical columns) by just pointing the camera at it, while the light had to be right I could see there was no point debating with such a self assured genius.We agreed he was right ,duly satisfied he left and then proceeded with taking one of my best composed photos ,viva la differance ,regards Nick.

truthseeker
17-06-2014, 3:15pm
I hear you Nick. I had the same sort of thing happen to me. I had my camera set up on tripod , just waiting for the right light of a sunset over a lake and this drop kick in a 4wd with a caravan (trailer) on the back decided that it was such a beautiful sunset that he, and his family, would park right in front of my camera and brew up a coffee while they waited for the sun to go down. I asked him if he had by any chance noticed that I was set up with a camera when he drove up. YEP!... but to hell with you I'll park where I want to park...... I used to work with a guy who had a saying "you can't put brains into a statue"... and believe me, this guy was a statue that would do any park proud. :lol: