PDA

View Full Version : Not so new newbie...

AUXRVIII
09-06-2014, 9:25pm
Hi everyone,

Not new to the site, but new to being active in the forums.
Looking to tap into the good resources on here to help my (expensive) hobby develop.
Currently enjoying my 5D MkIII, 24-105mm and 70-200mm F4 L's and a Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6.
My interest in photography goes back to the mid '80's when, in my teenage years, I purchased a Minolta X300. It was a great camera for me for about 13 years, but became a not so affordable tool for photography when the offspring started arriving. I had multiple point and shoots over the years after entering the digital world, but none gave me the enjoyment of an SLR. 2010 I picked up a Canon 1000D kit. Had a quick fiddle and was straight into manual mode, just like putting on an old pair of shoes. I was amazed at how much things changed, yet stayed the same. Since the 1000D I've had a 7D, upgraded the glass and upgraded again to my 5DMkIII.

Cheers
Steed

Mary Anne
09-06-2014, 10:13pm
Hello Steed and Welcome to AP.
WoW!! That is a few cameras you have had over the years and it rules out your Skill Level at being a Beginner.
With all that experience I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums..

bitsnpieces
09-06-2014, 10:15pm
Sounds like you were a member once upon a time too :)

Welcome to AP / Welcome back to AP :)

Looking forward to seeing your photos indeed, as Mary Anne has mentioned.

ricktas
10-06-2014, 5:15am
welcome. We have upgraded you to intermediate and may upgrade you to advanced. see you and your photos on the forums soon

Kym
10-06-2014, 12:29pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

AUXRVIII
10-06-2014, 5:32pm
Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcomes, looking forward to posting images and getting some feedback.