PDA

View Full Version : G'day!

Alex81
21-05-2014, 12:15pm
Hi all,

My name is Alex, Iv'e been a keen photographer for a few years now and have just taken the dive and started 'Far North Photography'. I have been a Chef for the past 16 years and have travelled extensively. I've considered taking up photography professionally for a while now but have always been a bit apprehensive about taking the plunge. Unfortunately due to a serious hand injury (I foolishly tried to separate two dogs while they were fighting) I've had to put down my knives and retire from the restaurant industry. So its now or never.....

I have joined 'Ausphotography' to be a part of a community, to learn and to share information, to better my-self as a professional and help others where I can.

I am an enthusiastic individual, and can't wait to start sharing my work with all you guys.

Thanks allot for having me

Alex Johnston

OzChopper
21-05-2014, 12:58pm
Welcome to the board Alex. Have a look around and pop up some photos when you feel ready :)

dknife
21-05-2014, 1:23pm
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your hand, that sounds quite painful!

Kym
21-05-2014, 1:25pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
21-05-2014, 1:54pm
Hello Alex :action66: and Welcome to AP.. This is a great Forum and we have a few Members from up your way.
And I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums for cc and do have a go at commenting on other Members Posts also.
I feel for you with your hand and so sorry to read about it, I hope all goes well with you..

bitsnpieces
21-05-2014, 2:37pm
Welcome to AP, and though unfortunate about the incident, who knows, a wide vast future in photography awaits :)

Alex81
21-05-2014, 3:51pm
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Although my hand might not ever work as it did, I'm not going to let it get the better of me.
I look forward to this new direction I'm headed in, excited and optimistic of all the possibilities. :flowersnap:

ricktas
21-05-2014, 7:39pm
Welcome. See you on the forums with some of your photos soon

Mark L
21-05-2014, 10:17pm
G'day Alex.
Basically I hope you get involved here. Seems to me you have something to offer and 'tis what makes forums work.
Hope you're post Chef life works out.:th3: