PDA

View Full Version : nikon D800 focus setting

mattmac
16-05-2014, 5:14am
I just got a new D800 but am finding on autofocus it keeps focusing on the background rather than the main subject - can't seem to work out how to change it?

ricktas
16-05-2014, 5:27am
what focus settings have you set it on?

MissionMan
16-05-2014, 9:18am
I just got a new D800 but am finding on autofocus it keeps focusing on the background rather than the main subject - can't seem to work out how to change it?

There are quite a few reasons this could occur. My suggestion is to take it to the camera store you purchased it from and get them to check it.

You have advanced in your status, but as it's your first post, can you elaborate on your experience level with using pro body cameras.

Could also be the lens. I.e. if your lens is set to 5m~infinity so it won't focus on anything closer than a certain distance.

gratski
09-06-2014, 12:09pm
I have a D800 and never experience focus issues. Check the settings you currently use when you have this problem e.g. AF-S (Single-servo autofocus) or AF-C (Continuous-Servo autofocus).
Does this problem occur with other lenses - if you only have one, take your camera to a camera shop and test another less.