PDA

View Full Version : Nikon's fluorine coating explained

arthurking83
15-05-2014, 4:34pm
In a video.

Nikon fluorine coating video. (http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens/fluorinecoat/)

This stuff is currently used in Nikon's new 400/2.8 and the new TC14EIII.

Cage
15-05-2014, 4:42pm
This stuff is currently used in Nikon's new 400/2.8 and the new TC14EIII.

The 400 f2.8 is the stuff, for me anyway, that dreams are made of.

If I sold all my gear, I'd be about 1/2 way toward being able to afford one. But then I wouldn't have a camera to use it on. :lol2:

So I won't torture myself by hitting the link you posted. :(

arthurking83
16-05-2014, 8:03am
Go'on Cage .. hot the link.

I think more than anything else, it's a visual explanation of what to expect from future Nikon lenses, and possibly a range of protective/UV type filters from Nikon.
The link is to the glass, not lenses and stuff.
I think it goes on for about 2mins, but once past the 30-60s mark it's just repetitive.

jjphoto
16-05-2014, 8:22am
I don't think it's for me as I don't recall the last time I had to clean permanent markers, engine oil or paint from my lens.

arthurking83
16-05-2014, 8:31am
..... I don't recall the last time I had to clean permanent markers, engine oil or paint from my lens.

:lol:

I sometimes service my car(if I can be stuffed) and I sometimes service my camera gear.
I suppose it could be for idiots like me who may confuse a lens with a oil filler cap!

I wouldn't mind a polariser that was easier to clean than some of the versions I have.
I sometimes find an annoying film of haze like stuff that, when trying to clean, seems to smear like crazy.

Oh! and of course those annoying nephews and nieces that seem to think putting their hands on front lens elements is the best pose.