PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Rainy Sunshine Coast

gumbie
13-05-2014, 12:14pm
Hi all, new member here, the names Jordan!

After taking a break from photography for almost a year, I'm ready to pick up the camera again and get back into it after hearing the news of my wife and myself expecting our first Son!

Now to choose which system to use.. I was a canon shooter before with a 5D3 and a nice selection of glass, the wife has kindly budgeted me $5500 to spend on new equipment! Thinking of returning to Canon but am also tossing up Nikon.

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

bitsnpieces
13-05-2014, 1:02pm
I'm a Sony fan, but any camera is a good camera these days - depends on what you plan for in the future, then you can make the decision now to be future-proof.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your first son (who's on he's way) :)

ricktas
13-05-2014, 5:56pm
Welcome. I am of the opinion that camera brands are just like car and mobile phone brands. Choose the one you want, in the end they all do the same thing.

Wayne63
14-05-2014, 2:36pm
Welcome to AP Jordan, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
14-05-2014, 3:01pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
14-05-2014, 6:50pm
Congratulations Jordan. You've found a good forum to get involved in.:)
And congratulations to you and you wife. Hope the coming of the son goes well for her.:th3:

How good are the Canon lenses you have? May have something to do with maybe staying with Canon.
Cheers.

Mary Anne
15-05-2014, 7:46am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. And congrats of the wonderful news about your Baby Son.
What's wrong with all the Canon Lenses you have now and that camera, $5500 wont buy you much when you start talking about FF cameras and good glass. ?

Roddy3030
15-05-2014, 6:28pm
Hi and Welcome Gumbie, yep, I'm a canon man here. Cheers.