PDA

View Full Version : Free 'til Monday, editing software.

Mark L
08-05-2014, 7:24pm
For those of you that don't have much editing software Perfect Effects 8 could be useful.
I've not used it and won't get the chance as you need at least Windows 7.:(
http://www.ononesoftware.com/landing/pe8offer

feathers
08-05-2014, 9:06pm
Thanks Mark. Should have my new setup running by Sat. Like a couple of the apps. Cheers:D

Gonk0
08-05-2014, 10:23pm
Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed it to have a look at what it can do.

WhoDo
09-05-2014, 6:23am
I've had it for a quite while now and it's pretty basic for editing but great for adding textures, masking, etc. It works standalone or as a plug-in for Lightroom. Well worth the price! :p

Warbler
09-05-2014, 8:11am
Works as a plug-in for LR, ACR, Elements, but unfortunately NOT for Photoshop. Go figure! At least not for me anyway.

dacmo
09-05-2014, 12:03pm
It's free!! I'll definitely give it a shot.

nardes
09-05-2014, 3:33pm
Works as a plug-in for LR, ACR, Elements, but unfortunately NOT for Photoshop. Go figure! At least not for me anyway.

Hi Warbler

After the install (some while ago) the Plug Ins appeared in CS6 as shown in the attached screen copy. I think that I just ran the .exe file and it recognised that I had PS and LR and installed the Plug Ins in the appropriate Folder for each app.:confused013

Cheers

Dennis

Warbler
09-05-2014, 4:32pm
Right you are Denis. Just wasn't looking in the right place. I expected to see it under the Filters menu like all my other add-ins.:th3:

LiveFreeDead
09-05-2014, 5:06pm
Very easy to nab, I'll give it a go and see if I like the results :)

Warbler
09-05-2014, 5:12pm
As with all these kinds of add-ins, I find there is lots of stuff in them that I'd never dream of actually using, but I still like to try them because there is always one or two bits that I can find a use for. And it is at the right price. ;)

LiveFreeDead
09-05-2014, 8:00pm
My review of the software is it's REALLY great for previewing a heap of possible effects (as large thumbnails) for ideas and inspiration, the only bad thing about this software is it takes a while to thumbnail my 6000x4000 resolution collection when browsing for a image file to edit, so it's much quicker to point it to a almost empty folder then use windows explorer to find/copy only the photos you want to edit to there.

I am impressed it's free and hope if people are able to support the company, do so :) offering free stuff for a good way to advertise yourself and means a lot when it's a quality piece of software that just works as advertised without any catches or limitations.