PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Heavenly
08-05-2014, 1:29am
Hi, I'm so new I don't even own a DSLR yet
:\

I've been researching so many cameras, I go to bed, and see them on the inside of my lids.

I currently have a sony cybershot something something which is lovely... To look at. Hah. (I can't even remember the last time I used it)

I decided a hobby was in order, as I'm a complete workaholic, 8 days a week isn't enough for me, and I need something to start enjoying life as opposed to just working for it.
I'm out and about a lot for work, and see all sorts of unique things, would constantly think "that'd be a really nice photo... Someone should take one" and then carry on. Haha.
So then, put two and two together and thought I could probably start to learn how to actually do it.

I have an absolutely rubbish memory.
My iPhone is permanently attached to my hand so I at least have evidence that events did in fact occur, and I have the photos to prove it to myself.
If I could take nicer photos of these apparent events, that'd be a lovely bonus.

I look forward to chatting and asking 59631 ridiculous questions

Sent from my iPotato using Tapatalk

Wayne63
08-05-2014, 4:41am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

ricktas
08-05-2014, 5:01am
Welcome. Join in, see you on the forums.

Mary Anne
08-05-2014, 7:54am
Hello and Welcome to AP. :action66: Interesting Intro, yes life gets that way sometimes..
Its good that you have joined in Advanced of buying that camera as there is plenty to read on here.
That's what we are here for to answer those questions so will look forward to seeing what they are on the Forums :2smile:

bitsnpieces
08-05-2014, 8:50am
Hi and welcome to the forums. It's great to see you've come prepared with a specific number of questions - you'll definitely go far here and learn a lot. :)

Other than that, you have your old Sony camera, that's definitely a good start to start taking great photos while you contemplate on your DSLR move. Even if it doesn't have all the technicalities of a DSLR, it'll help you start composition, seeing from different perspectives, get practicing, and a basic understanding of various terminologies. So when you do make the move to DSLR, it won't feel as overwhelming. :)

And if anything, get Instagram on your iPhone and bam, instant professional photographer (from a meme joke about Instagram posters on Facebook)

Kym
08-05-2014, 10:08am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Check the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Books:New_To_Photography_Book) book and equipment guide before purchasing - lots of good advice.

OzChopper
08-05-2014, 11:01am
Hello and welcome! I too am a new member and there is lots to take in! Don't get overwhelmed by the site; just take it a bit at a time and you will be fine :)

Heavenly
08-05-2014, 1:59pm
Thanks for all the welcomes :)

And if anything, get Instagram on your iPhone and bam, instant professional photographer (from a meme joke about Instagram posters on Facebook)

Haha yeah I have instagram. I'm a pro ALREADY... Lol. I should start a business... (sarcasm.. Haha)

(I already have a business. It's the most expensive way of having a job IMO..)

I just want to have fun and have some pretty proof of memories lol

Sent from my iPotato using Tapatalk

Mark L
09-05-2014, 4:00pm
I look forward to chatting and asking 59631 ridiculous questions

There are no ridiculous question.
I'll see how I go with 59631 ridiculous answers.:D

Welcome to AP.:th3:

Heavenly
09-05-2014, 10:56pm
There are no ridiculous question.
I'll see how I go with 59631 ridiculous answers.:D