PDA

View Full Version : Another Intro

Hmp13
28-04-2014, 8:09am
A quick intro... I have just bought a Nikon DF. I have never been terribly fast with manual focussing and ageing has not helped. I did have a go with an autofocus lens when they first came out years ago and was not impressed. The modern AF is impressive! There is much to learn about the new camera. Hoping to pick up some tips here.

I would describe myself as a happy snapper as opposed to an artist or a technician. I still shoot and develop film. I still have my original film camera from 35 years ago (and a few more that I have collected along the way). Old cameras are like old friends. You may not see them for a while, but when you do, it is like you have never been away. I love looking at photos - any topic.

ameerat42
28-04-2014, 8:37am
Hi Hmp13.

Welcome to AP, where we cater for happy snappers - but not of the crocodile variety:eek: - and lots of others.
We also have a Film forum, where you can indulge that passion.

Join in and enjoy the site. Meanwhile, have a look in the Library - a tab above - and see how to do lots of things.
Am.

Wayne63
28-04-2014, 9:37am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
28-04-2014, 7:27pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Hmp13
28-04-2014, 7:54pm
Thanks for the welcome.

Will post some some pics and join in when I work out how.

ricktas
28-04-2014, 8:13pm
Welcome. For posting pics. Click on Library on the main menu, then go into the How Do I section. Tutorials and info in there.

Mark L
28-04-2014, 11:11pm
G'day.
The worst thing about progressing to digital is having to do that post production stuff.:(
Seems like it's worth it though.
See you around AP, hopefully.

Mary Anne
29-04-2014, 7:04am
Hello and welcome to AP.. Nice looking camera you have.. AF I would be lost without it :D
So join in post your images on the Forums and have a go at commenting on other Members posts.