PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick hello....

TheNW
25-04-2014, 12:58pm
...before i head off to read my way thru the forum. I'm from photogenic Tasmania and new to photography as an art form (altho i have been taking point and shoots of family for a while now) Using a Nikon D5300 usually with an 18-140 Lens but also have a prime 50mm and the kit lens in my arsenal. Like i said , very beginner with an interest in landscape photography in particular.

Looking forward to checking the place out :)

ricktas
25-04-2014, 1:47pm
Welcome. See you and your photos on the forums soon. Tassie is great for photography. I am off fungi photo taking on Sunday.

Kym
25-04-2014, 1:59pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
25-04-2014, 2:43pm
Hello there and Welcome to AP.. Plenty of checking out to do here it will take you a fair bit of time to get though it all, though worth it.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Mark L
25-04-2014, 10:14pm
G'day.
Hope you get involved here. 'tis what forums are about. Don't be afraid to ask questions, post photos and make comments. Will help you think about and improve your photographs.:th3:

TheNW
26-04-2014, 12:48am
Thanks guys for the replies and welcomes, spent some time browsing the forums today and I am now in a state of information overload :) This forum is a great resource, I've already picked up a few tips on exposure and metering just from reading thru a few posts.

Planning on putting up some photos at some point in the near future ...are there any rules surrounding this? ie. is photo-shop enhancing, hdr imaging etc allowed to be put up for critiquing or just straight from the camera photos?

ricktas
26-04-2014, 8:00am
Thanks guys for the replies and welcomes, spent some time browsing the forums today and I am now in a state of information overload :) This forum is a great resource, I've already picked up a few tips on exposure and metering just from reading thru a few posts.

Planning on putting up some photos at some point in the near future ...are there any rules surrounding this? ie. is photo-shop enhancing, hdr imaging etc allowed to be put up for critiquing or just straight from the camera photos?

No rules, up to you!