PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Olympus

suan
22-04-2014, 6:18pm
Hi Everyone,

I enjoy taking photographs and looking at others, so I'm hoping to pick up some tips and tricks from the site.
I've recently upgraded to an Olympus OM-D E-M1 so am a bit daunted by it all at the moment and need to spend some time on the basics.

My main problem - trying to get the photo that's in my head on the screen (NOW) :o

Cheers

suan

ricktas
22-04-2014, 6:23pm
Welcome Suan. Join in, share your photos, get some critique and learn from it. Feel free to give others your critique to.

bcys1961
22-04-2014, 7:44pm
Welcome Suan ,

That's a great camera you have there !. (I have one too ). I was exactly where you are now about 4 months ago when I also got my new camera. I joined the forum and have been steadily improving.

Make use of the Beginner's CC forum while you can. Get involved and enter the competitions (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/apcompetition.php) ( if you like competitions) , and try the members challenge each week . These all give you a way to keep motivated and focus your learning.

Their is a wealth of experience and information here on the site.

Have fun!

suan
22-04-2014, 8:03pm
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Glad to hear it gets better.

Cheers

suan

rwg717
22-04-2014, 8:41pm
Cheers suan,
welcome to AP, enjoy your stay:)
Richard

Mary Anne
22-04-2014, 9:15pm
Hello suan and Welcome to AP.. I am having the same problems with that little Gem of a camera I got mine about three months ago.
I should image if you start off with an Olympus Camera its a lot better than if you have been shooting with a different brand camera for a few years.
Hopefully it will all come together soon for you so we can all look forward to seeing what images you will post on the forum.

Kym
22-04-2014, 11:10pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

kaibeau
22-04-2014, 11:20pm
Welcome Suan, Hope you find what you are looking for ..... :)

Mark L
24-04-2014, 8:21pm
G'day Suan.

My main problem - trying to get the photo that's in my head on the screen (NOW) :o

You could take up painting.:lol2:

Like anything new, step by step. It takes time. Couple of years back I wanted to cook battered fish. First time i tried, undercooked. Next time, burnt. Reckon I do pretty good battered fish these days.:D
Guaranty if you get a little involved here (and not just look in envy at what some very experience photographers post) your photos will be much better in a years time.