PDA

View Full Version : Almost 6 years ago...

Craker
21-04-2014, 6:02pm
Hello again photographers of ausphotography.net.au

It has been almost six years since I was last on these forums. At that time I was just starting to establish the running of my own photography business and the lovely people here helped me with the purchase of my first full frame DSLR, a Canon 5D (mark I).

Sadly since then I got quite sick that took me away from many things in life not just photography. I also had my shiny new 5D stolen by someone close to me at the time and would never see it again. It barely made a whole year with me.

6 years on and I am back, now doing much better these days. However the tragedy is as a result of losing the 5D I am now cameraless (not counting an old Canon 33V film body and IXUS 220 HS P+S) and the creative fire is burning again to capture some amazing images. Am also considering the possibility of getting the business up and running again.

Things seem a little different here now on the forums (Competitions?). Is great to see Ricktas still at the helm of the forum. I remember when he just inherited the site around the time I disappeared.

So what have I missed while I was gone???

-Steve

Kym
21-04-2014, 7:47pm
:gday: & Welcome Back!
- lets see some new photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
21-04-2014, 7:56pm
Welcome back Steve. Good to hear that after a few bad years you are going to get to enjoy photography again!

Congo
21-04-2014, 7:58pm
Welcome back Craker glad your on the mend and hope you get a camera soon.

Mark L
21-04-2014, 9:35pm
G'day Steve.
That that doesn't kill us makes us stronger :scrtch:. Or something like that.:)
What camera have you got now?
If you need a reason to take some photos each week and help some newer t photography, it's not to late to get involve in this years members challenge .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?188-Member-Challenges-52-2014

Mary Anne
21-04-2014, 10:23pm
Hello and Welcome back.. Sorry to read you have not been well.
Though good to read that you are feeling better and I do hope that your health improves more every day.

Craker
22-04-2014, 9:06pm
Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone. It does feel great and very exciting.
Look forward to sharing with you all the new journey as it progresses.

What camera have you got now?[/url]
No DSLR right now Mark, hopefully one won't be too far away though!