PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Yeh I know, you've heard it all before

Teddykhil
02-04-2014, 7:51am
G'day All, I've had my Canon 500D & 7D for sometime but find it hard to get out and 'have a go', 'experiment' etc. I want to learn so much with my cameras so as to take better pics of people and landscape. There is so much to learn.

I do a lot of reading about what settings to use, how to compose, exposure, aperture, etc, etc, etc. I do hope that getting to know some of you guys I'll pick up some even better tips from those that have come from the bottom ranks to better photographers and then, help me to know more about it all.

I'm not completely stupid when it comes to using my Canon 7D but it is a BIG upgrade for me from my 500D. I understand most 'dials & settings' used it's just getting out there and using it more and more to get the experience so as to take better pics.

Anyway, enough of the blah blah, Nice to meet you all and hope I'll be better for it being on this Forum and site and get to learn so much more with my camera.

Cheers, Kev.

Kym
02-04-2014, 8:08am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
02-04-2014, 8:34am
Welcome to AP Kev, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Liney
02-04-2014, 7:53pm
Kev

Another newbie here, glad I'm not the only one!

All the best

Mark L
02-04-2014, 8:39pm
G'day and good on you for coming back Kev.
There's nothing wrong with posting a photo and asking how it could be done better. Or asking someone that posted a photo you like, how and why they did it.
Being passive is a slow way to get better (I must remember that one:)).
Just getting involved here will help your photography.;)

Mary Anne
03-04-2014, 8:32am
Hello Kev and Welcome back , good advice from Mark up top, so see you around the Forums :2smile:

vinhtee
03-04-2014, 9:08am
Get amongst it kev. Anyone can never learn enough. Even the seasoned veterans of this forum. Aspire to be the best!

MissionMan
03-04-2014, 5:22pm
G'day All, I've had my Canon 500D & 7D for sometime but find it hard to get out and 'have a go', 'experiment' etc. I want to learn so much with my cameras so as to take better pics of people and landscape. There is so much to learn.

I do a lot of reading about what settings to use, how to compose, exposure, aperture, etc, etc, etc. I do hope that getting to know some of you guys I'll pick up some even better tips from those that have come from the bottom ranks to better photographers and then, help me to know more about it all.

I'm not completely stupid when it comes to using my Canon 7D but it is a BIG upgrade for me from my 500D. I understand most 'dials & settings' used it's just getting out there and using it more and more to get the experience so as to take better pics.

Anyway, enough of the blah blah, Nice to meet you all and hope I'll be better for it being on this Forum and site and get to learn so much more with my camera.

Cheers, Kev.

I'd recommend a site like kelbyone because you can subscribe for a single month and watch as many instructional videos as possible in that time, then wait a while to progress your skills and do the same again. They have videos that go from beginner through to advanced skills on specific topics like lighting so it allows you to work at the level you feel comfortable with. I also found it valuable if you want to try a new skill because you can watch a series on a particular skill (like landscape), then head out and try your skills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rwg717
04-04-2014, 10:12pm
Cheers Kev, nice to have you along:)
Richard

gozbil
05-04-2014, 10:47pm
welcome bud :)