PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Lake Macquarie NSW

Tracy68
09-03-2014, 10:00pm
Hi there, new to the forum and to photography and wanting to learn more so I can get more creative with this new hobby. Just taking decent pics to begin with is a start!
Look forward to meeting the members here and taking a look at the sorts of things that everyone else is inspired by through the lens.

Tracy

Kym
09-03-2014, 10:07pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
10-03-2014, 12:07am
Welcome, See you and your photos on the forums soon

Wayne63
10-03-2014, 5:40am
Welcome to AP Tracy, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mary Anne
10-03-2014, 6:58am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Join in and post some photos on the Forums that's the best way to learn.

Tracy68
10-03-2014, 8:40am
Thank you. I will hop on over and join in :)

Damian Aimers
10-03-2014, 5:02pm
Hi Tracy and welcome.

Mark L
10-03-2014, 9:10pm
G'day Tracy.
Good on you for getting involved. 'tis what makes forums work and helps us all learn.:th3:
Lovely part of the world you live in. We will probably be visiting friends at Swansea in April.
I might get motivated (motivation is not my strong point) to try and organise something, as there is a few AP members around Newcastle. So keep an eye on this and see if anything crops up ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?94-NSW

Tracy68
10-03-2014, 10:56pm
Thanks for more welcomes :)
Mark, I will keep watch. Would be nice to meet some fellow photographers around here. Btw your neck of the woods is not bad either. ;)

Mark L
11-03-2014, 10:08pm
.... Btw your neck of the woods is not bad either. ;)
Yep, so glad we left Sydney 12 years ago.
You and family are welcome to drop in if ever you're over this way. Our better halves can talk and we'll go take photos.:D

Tracy68
13-03-2014, 2:18pm
Well you never know hey. We've been camping out at Munghorn Gap a few times with the kids over the years. Actually got chased by a HUGE male roo out there one time. Bit of an adventure :)

Mark L
13-03-2014, 8:37pm
We've been camping out at Munghorn Gap a few times

Not long after we moved up here, I went out to Munghorn Gap. Went for a walk, left the track, storm blew in so I lost the orientation of the sun. I got lost.:eek:
Though I didn't have maps with me I had looked at them before I'd gone out there. This helped me to be unlost two hours later.:o
Unfortunately didn't have a camera with me. Saw some wonderful birds as I occasionally sat down to figure out what to do.
It's true we tend to walk in a circle when lost.

A further aside. Our friends we may be visiting in Swansea only recently moved from running sheep at Cooyal. The property bordered the Munghorn.