PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Eden

Eden
02-02-2014, 7:06pm
A big HELLO to you all!

My name is Eden and I'm from Adelaide.

I have a Canon 550d and a few lenses to suit along with a now small arsenal of odds and sods lenses, reverse adaptors , home made macro knockups etc. Oh and a few old lenses (FD and m42 thread mount mostly) with adapters to keep me playing.

I have had the 550d since september 2012 when i couldn't stand the crappy old point and shoot I had been using any longer.

I have bought all my gear second hand mostly off ebay as I am on a budget and will slowly save up for a full frame when I can afford it and when my skills are much better (much!).

I have the old non USM/IS EF 100mm and an EFS 15-85 as the two lenses I use the most along with an old 75-300 IS/USM that gets used here and there.

Through another forum that I frequent I was lucky enough to meet a few like minded Adelaidians and the 4 or 5 regulars catch up every month or two. This has been great for me as I tend to learn more from watching and being shown by others than I do from reading or instruction manuals.

cheers for now

Eden

ricktas
02-02-2014, 7:37pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

bcys1961
02-02-2014, 7:47pm
Welcome Eden.
I also recently upgraded my equipment and am also a newbie to the forum and enjoying it immensely . Post some photo's , enter the comps and try the members challenge each week . These all give you a focus.

rwg717
02-02-2014, 9:18pm
Hello Eden and welcome to AP:)
Richard

Mark L
02-02-2014, 10:01pm
G'day Eden.
you've found another good place to share, learn and help others. don't be afraid to ask questions, comment and generally get involved.
Since you mentioned getting together with others, those in S.A. need to do it again. Maybe see if you can stir something up .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?98-SA

Kym
03-02-2014, 8:48am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

evat601
03-02-2014, 11:15am
Well G'day Eden. Fancy seeing you here??

Welcome to the party!!

P.S. Catch you Sunday ;)

Mary Anne
04-02-2014, 8:49am
Hello Eden and Welcome to AP.